Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

17-18 Tim Hortons - A little late to the party but I'm finally done my set!!!

I know set building isn't super popular these days but it's what keeps me interested in the hobby, I love it!! I love sets like tim hortons where the buy-in price isn't super high, the packs are fun to break to build the set and there's plenty of other collectors out there to make trades with or purchase singles. I finally finished this year's tim hortons set (or last year's I guess). Most of this was bought through packs at the coffee shop, some trading through SCF, quite a few purchases on SCF and a few ebay buys for the things I couldn't do otherwise. Yay!!

First, boring box shot of both the the 16-17 and 17-18 sets:

Top 100 insert set:

Game Day Action insert set:

Stat Makers insert set:

Platinum Profiles insert set:

Clear Cut Phenoms insert set:

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I really loved the look of the Tim Horton's cards this year. Nice set! Hope they do it again this year. And thanks for sharing this! Must have felt food finally acquiring the last piece of the puzzle.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Definitely! I've got one more set VERY close too so I'm pretty excited about that...will leave me open to start working on another one I think

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Congrats on putting this set together.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Tim Horton is always a fun break year after year. The new one is coming in a few months. Congrats on the completion! Were you doing the Triple Exposure too?
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tim Horton is always a fun break year after year. The new one is coming in a few months. Congrats on the completion! Were you doing the Triple Exposure too?

I decided not to do the TE set (just like the 3D set last year) as I found the singles prices too high for what I was willing to pay and I didn't even really like the look/concept of the cards. It was also convenient to use the 3 TE cards I acquired in trades for some other stuff that I actually needed.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I decided not to do the TE set (just like the 3D set last year) as I found the singles prices too high for what I was willing to pay and I didn't even really like the look/concept of the cards. It was also convenient to use the 3 TE cards I acquired in trades for some other stuff that I actually needed.

Yeah, they are moving for good money. Last time I checked on ebay, a Crosby 3D was an easy 20CAD sale.

The first year they released Tim Horton cards, I collected them, but I stopped at the acetate cards for the inserts, the others were too expensive in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congratulations on completing the set. I love building sets or certain subsets, so I know that thrill of finally getting the last card you need. I did build the complete sets for the first two years. This past year I decided that maybe I shouldn't collect the cards. Well in January I regretted not building the set. I missed the fun of the trades. So in January I ended up buying a complete set off of eBay. As an FYI... it cost me $250 delivered and in the Tim Hortons binder. I calculated that was less than what it would have cost me to make the set myself the previous two years. However, I missed out on the fun! So next year I am planning on paying more and building the set myself.