Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

How do you define a 1/1?

I know some will take the short answer of only those cards that are 1/1. But, does that include printing plates that say 1/1, but there are 4 versions of them?

My personal definition includes plates, but also mega patches and name plates.

What's your take?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See jimmcnulty1990's Items on eBay

Like you said, if it says 1/1 on the card. I consider printing plates 1/1's because A.) it says 1/1 on the card and B.) there really aren't 4 of them, there is one magenta, one yellow, one cyan and one black.

I know some people consider other things 1/1's like jersey numbered serial cards (for example a Gretzky card numbered 99/100) and while I agree those are technically one of a kind I'm not going to offer more for them in a trade as if they were an official 1/1 because it just doesn't matter to me that much...and there are still a hundred of that particular card in existence. Also if you do pay more for a card like that and you ever have to resell it, you may have trouble finding a buyer willing to pay what you did as a lot of people don't consider them true 1/1's.

I don't consider the first and last cards in a print run to be 1/1's either, for example a card numbered 1/100 or 100/100. I think that's REALLY stretching it.

I'm kinda torn on buyback 1/1's like what they did for Leaf Best of Hockey where they took cards that weren't originally 1/1's and stamped 1/1 on them. I would be a hypocrite if I didn't consider them 1/1's because of the first point I made but at the same time it's kinda stretching it and I also don't really get why they do it but I guess that's a different story for a different day.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Does the card say 1/1? Then it’s a 1/1.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't really get how people don't consider printing plates 1 of 1s now. I mean when they first came out in the late 90s I could see the people stating that they are 1 of 4 because "they just have a different color" and no other difference. But now they have tons of parallels that are just a sometimes minor color or pattern change to make a bunch of 1/1s. I mean is having a card stamped 1/1 in green, 1/1 in red, 1/1 in gold, and 1/1 in black any different than what they do with printing plates?

If anything it should have always been a debate with them if they are actually cards or not since they are "plates" and whatnot but even then the purists have basically disappeared to where plates are now considered something normal in sets.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Does the card say 1/1? Then it’s a 1/1.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

It really is as simple as that, folks!

None of the other nonsense listed (serial number matching jersey number, first card/last card in a print run) counts as a 1/1 in my books.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

@Leafsman what about full Nameplate cards i.e. the S from SPARTY07 from a single jersey?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

@Leafsman what about full Nameplate cards i.e. the S from SPARTY07 from a single jersey?

The issue is clear cut to me. If it's stamped 1/1, it's 1/1. If it's not, it isn't.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See sportfreaks232's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yes but with the Vault and the color code on them ....witch one is a real 1/1

Every card is stamped 1/1. Foil color dictates total cards for each.

Red: at least 1 card in product
    Blue: at least 2 cards in product
    Green: at least 3 cards in product
    Silver: at least 4 cards in product
    Gold: at least 5 cards in product
    Black: at least 6 cards in product
    Pink: at least 7 cards in product
    Purple: at least 8 cards in product
    Copper: at least 9 cards in product
    Teal: at least 10 cards in product

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Yes but with the Vault and the color code on them ....witch one is a real 1/1

The problem there is the term "at least".

For example the red card has "at least one card in product". There could be more. Since it doesn't definitely say 1/1, my answer to you is that neither of the cards you listed is a 1/1

People are making this more complicated than necessary LOL. Why is that concept so hard to grasp??

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See sportfreaks232's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Agree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast