Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Plenty of work ahead for Jets after surging to contender status

WINNIPEG -- The elements of opportunity are in front of the Winnipeg Jets after a huge leap forward in the 2017-18 season.

The Jets surged from 87 points in 2016-17, when they missed the Stanley Cup Playoffs, to 114 points this season, when they advanced to the Western Conference Final.

General manager Kevin Cheveldayoff said beyond telling the Jets to rest and mentally recharge after being eliminated with a 2-1 loss to the Vegas Golden Knights in Game 5 on Sunday, he tried to leave them with a forward-thinking message in exit meetings Tuesday.

https://www.nhl.com/news/jets-have-p...ss/c-298751498

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Oklahoma Sooners Washington State Cougars

There is work to be done but I think as good as this season was next season I think will be better. Signing Stastny I think should be top priority and I think Chevy and company realize that. I’d like to see Hutchinson resigned. He is a solid number two keeper. Much better than days of Pavelic. Man my liver doesn’t miss those days. Maybe Winnipeg will become a little bit of a FA destination. It will never become New York, LA or Tampa but maybe if Green Bay is desired place for NFL free agents many Winnipeg will look good to a few NHL players. I’m exited for what is to come.