Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Offseason Thread

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lebron coming to lakers and bringing paul george along for the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

That is a distinct possibility ... I just think he'd be a bit nuts to go out West and just leave the East to Kyrie and the Celtics.

The Lakers are an interesting destination though, as their roster could be crafted by him ... he could demand the team trade Ingram, Kuzma and Deng for Kawhi and filler, and then demand they sign both Paul George and Boogie Cousins ... a starting 5 of Lonzo/PG13/Kawhi/LeBron/Boogie would be nasty. He could also elect to ride with the young guns, demand the team re-sign Julius Randle and only bring in Paul George, giving him a deeper and younger roster of: Lonzo/Ingram/PG13/LeBron/Randle with Kuzma as the 6th man.

Personally, I want LeBron to go to Boston or Philly, but if he does choose to go to the Western Conference, I'd prefer he go to the Lakers over the Rockets and especially the Spurs ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

They should trade him before they lose him next summer for nothing ...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

a starting 5 of Lonzo/PG13/Kawhi/LeBron/Boogie would be nasty.

I don't see how the finances of that work. You're basically talking about 4 max players. Maybe all of them take a cut to try to win a title, but I DEFINITELY don't see Cousins doing that, and how this whole Kawhi thing has shaken out, I don't see that either.

ESPN.com's trade machine factors cap in, and a sign-and-trade of LeBron for Lonzo/Ingram/Deng DOES work...and I would love to see that just to watch Lavar melt down as his golden boy gets shipped off to a sans-LeBron AWFUL Cleveland team.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't see how the finances of that work. You're basically talking about 4 max players. Maybe all of them take a cut to try to win a title, but I DEFINITELY don't see Cousins doing that, and how this whole Kawhi thing has shaken out, I don't see that either.

ESPN.com's trade machine factors cap in, and a sign-and-trade of LeBron for Lonzo/Ingram/Deng DOES work...and I would love to see that just to watch Lavar melt down as his golden boy gets shipped off to a sans-LeBron AWFUL Cleveland team.

The salaries can work ONLY if Boogie takes a major financial haircut which is a possibility (albeit a long-shot) as reports are that the Pelicans are low-balling him and want him to take a one year "prove it" contract after his very serious injury ... if the rest of the league treats him the same way, what better place to play on a mere 1-year contract than in LA with LeBron?

The Lakers could empty their current roster of everyone other than Lonzo, through trades with the Cavs, Thunder and Spurs, and fit LeBron, Paul George, Kawhi and Lonzo under the cap, fill (7) roster spots with minimum contract players and then have about $4mil to give Boogie for one year with a wink-wink deal that you'll max him out the following year.

There is no way I think this will actually happen, but what a fun roster to watch play, if it did.

As for ESPN's Trade Machine ... it's a cool tool but it messes up sometimes and does NOT factor in the cap space teams have ... it does factor in what the cap is, but it doesn't recognize there are some teams who are so far below the cap that they don't have to match salaries.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If Kawhi is out of play, I think LeBron's decision will come down to playing with one of the following top 7's:

Philly: Simmons/Redick/LeBron/Saric/Embiid with Robert Covington & Markelle Fultz as 6th and 7th men

Boston: Kyrie*/Brown/Tatum/LeBron/Horford with Terry Rozier and Marcus Morris as 6th and 7th men

Lakers: Lonzo/PG13/Ingram/LeBron/Randle with Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart as the 6th and 7th men

The above said, to me anyways, the Lakers are by far the WORST situation for LeBron as they have by far the weakest roster and are not just in the same conference as the Warriors, they're in the same division!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The EASIEST and perhaps the best move for LeBron to make, a move where he doesn't have to rely on any other big-time free agent signing (such as Paul George), or any major trade (such as for Kawhi Leonard) would be for him to simply opt-in to the last year and then force a trade to the 76'ers for Jerryd Bayless along with the #10, 26, 38, 39, 56 and 60th picks in the upcoming draft.

The 76'ers would then have (11) players under contract and $3.37mil under the cap to give SG JJ Redick, or if he balks at that low amount after the 76'ers drastically over-paid him last year, Marco Bellinelli or another veteran SG.

The 76'ers roster would then be set and look as follows:

PG: Simmons/Fultz/McConnell
    SG: Redick/Anderson/Korkmaz
    SF: LeBron/Covington/Luwawu-Cabarrot
    PF: Saric/Holmes
    C: Embiid

The 76'ers would then be permitted to sign a 3rd string PF and 2nd and 3rd string C using veteran minimum contracts and knowing LeBron, it wouldn't shock me if he convinced some solid veterans to accept such, players like last year's Sixers Ersan Ilyasova and Amir Johnson, or established guys like Brook Lopez, Channing Frye, Greg Monroe, Marreese Speights, Trevor Booker, Tarik Black, ... or former Warriors David West, JaVale McGee or Zaza Pachulia ... and maybe even former 76'ers 1st round picks who are unrestricted free agents such as Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel!

The above said, the 76'ers are BY FAR the easiest and perhaps the best team for LeBron to move to both now and for the future, especially considering they would still have last year's #1 overall pick Markelle Fultz and All-NBA defender and versatile swingman Robert Covington, two players who could possibly be packaged in a trade for Kawhi Leonard if the Spurs do decide to trade him!

LeBron to Philly makes a ton of sense ... a whole lot more sense than LeBron to the Lakers makes!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Lots of potential Kawhi Leonard scenarios abuzz in the news right now, but looks like the first major move is Dwight Howard going to the Nets:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-brooklyn-nets

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lots of potential Kawhi Leonard scenarios abuzz in the news right now, but looks like the first major move is Dwight Howard going to the Nets:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-brooklyn-nets

Weird trade that proves Michael Jordan still has no clue how to build an NBA team … just a crazy trade

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow Mavericks move up to the #3 pick. Didn't see that one coming. Looks like they are hoping for the second coming of Dirk.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast