Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Offseason Thread

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/a...ve-per-report/

Good, the Cavs are open to trading Love after all. I like Jameis1of1's scenario to my OKC the best, of course, but if he can't go there and form a formidable trio with former UCLA college teammate Westbrook, and George, then I'd at least like to see him on a team like Portland or Utah.

And with both LeBron and Love gone from Cleveland, I won't be caring much about the Cavs anymore, lol.

Kevin Love is from Oregon. If he would go to a team like the Trailblazers, that would instantly make them better. No idea who they would offer, but that would make a Big 3 out in Portland, albeit with 2 guards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't really blame Lebron if he wanted to go the Lakers because he is the only guy who has to live with the decision and I've seen a lot of players (especially in baseball) take the money and go to a new place and be miserable. But even with the Lebron the Lakers will stink next year. I know KL has signaled he will go to the Lakers when he becomes a free agent next year so it doesn't even matter now if the Spurs trade him but the Lakers will struggle until he gets there and that's a fact. So if Lebron still wants to win a championship it might take awhile in LA and that's if everything goes well (no injuries).
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

Per Woj, Cousins to Golden State (1 year, 5.3 mill - dude took a HAIRCUT to win a title).

The league is a borderline joke at this point. When titles are a foregone conclusion, it's no longer fun to watch.
    Last edited by jmintz; 07-02-2018 at 08:48 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

Per Woj, Cousins to Golden State (1 year, 5.3 mill - dude took a HAIRCUT to win a title).

The league is a borderline joke at this point. When titles are a foregone conclusion, it's no longer fun to watch.

Just unreal on this one

SCF Rewards
    Country

The NBA had higher TV ratings last season but I see them tanking this year. You already have Lebron moving to the West so a non Lebron James team from the East will be in the NBA Finals and now it looks like the Warriors are going to get better. Not many teams are going to be able to hang with them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Annoying as it is, it still doesn't compare to KD leaving to join a 73 win team. Boogie had a horrible Achilles injury, and players never return to All-Star form within a year after that.

The ratings will probably continue to be fine. A lot of diehards are turned off by this, but the casuals eat it up. They love seeing the dominant players and teams. The Warriors are an entertaining shooting and scoring circus. They'll never have the charisma or fire of MJ, and so the ratings will never be what they were in the '90s, but it's still a major step up from the early 2000s slow and low-scoring maul-ball and that infamous Spurs-Nets NBA Finals series that had ratings as low as 6 for a couple of games, IIRC.

edit: yup -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Fi...vision_ratings
    Last edited by WilyWestbrook0; 07-02-2018 at 10:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If Kevin Durant never wins a ring on a team other than the Warriors, he'll never get the respect he otherwise deserves ... he could win 8 rings with these Warriors and most people probably won't even consider ranking him ahead of 3-ring Larry Bird ... Durant should have signed with the 76'ers or Wizards imho if he's concerned with his legacy (which he may not even care about)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

Annoying as it is, it still doesn't compare to KD leaving to join a 73 win team. Boogie had a horrible Achilles injury, and players never return to All-Star form within a year after that.

For sure, and it's hard to find fault in Cousins when he signed for 5 million. That said, there's zero reason for him to come back before 2019, and the Warriors were favorites to win the title with or without him.

At this point, the league has to do something about this sort of player movement, but I don't know what that is. I just know that there is next to no parity in the league at this point - there are three or four really good teams and then everyone else is fighting to get into the playoffs and get swept.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Lakers Toronto Raptors Toronto Blue Jays
    See rjabreu88's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Its really hard to find a way to manage the player movement when it comes to FA's. A Player has every right to sign whatever kind of contract he wants with whatever teams make him offers. If a star player wants to take a pay cut to play for a certain team you cant force them not too. If a mediocre players gets offered a ridiculously high contract he has every right to accept it and cash in on the mistake. Very hard to make rules preventing those things.

As much as I hate how Durant and now Cousins have gone to the Warriors you have to give them some credit for establishing not only a winning franchise but an amazing player culture where players want to go. They really did build up the organization from the ground up with drafting curry, klay and draymond way lower then they should have gone. They also had a style of play and were humble enough to bring in others.

I hate the idea of super teams with guys taking pay cuts to play together because of the effect it has on league balance but im not sure of the solution. What I loved about 90s and early 2000s was how certain teams had a "face" of the franchise. You associated that star player with that team like Jordan, Reggie, Ewing, Hakim, Duncan, Garnet, Peirce, Kobe etc etc And those guys stayed with their teams for 10 plus year. I'm not sure we will ever get back to that. As a Raptor Fan it was always frustrating to lose Carter, Mcgrady, Bosh to other teams. As a Laker fan it was amazing to have Kobe stay for 20 years.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I also miss the days where star players and tandems/trios largely stuck to their original teams, or at least longer than they do now. I really enjoyed the Cavs big three when they formed together, but that run lasted just three seasons with Kyrie bolting a year ago, perhaps already seeing that James wasn't ready to commit (and having an ego of his own, of course). It's not like, say, when David Robinson and Tim Duncan were the face of the Spurs and spent their entire careers there (I've always respected the Spurs franchise, which is why it's frustrating to see how that Kawhi situation has played out now).

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast