Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Offseason Thread

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

HORRIBLE TRADE for both teams imho ... but the Spurs won the trade by far imho ... UNLESS the Raptors flip Kawhi before the deadline which I think is highly possible.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

lol well wow. I just read how both players feel about being traded, and neither are happy. DeRozan took to Instagram about feeling stabbed in the back, and yeah, apparently Kawhi doesn't want to be in Toronto.\

Seems like a screw-you-player move by both organizations: to DeRozan for failing continually to lead the Raptors past the LeBrons, and the Spurs to Kawhi for all the drama his situation caused the team's image.

Maybe on Kawhi’s part it was a “screw you” trade seeing how things went down, but I don’t think on Derozan’s, because not getting past Lebron can’t just fall on him. Lebron is just too good.

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Lakers Toronto Raptors Toronto Blue Jays
    See rjabreu88's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I think the raps really overreacted this whole offseason. I agree kawaii is the better player when healthy but I think there is just way to much risk involved in this trade. Firstly, the injury is a concern does he come back as the player he used to be right away? Keeping in mind that he's only got 1 year left on his deal. Secondly is he going to play his heart out for a team he doesnt want to be on. I think he just needs to play and show hes healthy I dont think he needs to grind it out and risk further injury to have a good contract offered to him next year. Is there any chance he resigns in Toronto I think incredibly small chance. Given the current info of him wanting to play in LA that would scare me off.

I think the raps have been incredibly successful over the past 3 years. Gotten better each year and the fact is that they have only lost to 1 team the cavs with lebron. Can you really blame them no other team in the East has made it to the conference finals other then lebrons teams. Hes left the conference I would have just been patient and kept casey kept the roster in tact and gone for it 1 more time making minor tweaks to style of play and role players etc. Do I think Boston and Philly are better then the raps? Maybe but I would sure as hell take my chances with a very good raptors team against any team in the East that Lebron is not on.

I also think in the modern NBA if an allstar player loves a franchise and loves a city you hold on to them for life. Ill take a top 20 player who loves my franchise and will most definitely stay his whole career over a top 5 talent who has no interest in being there. Now if the raps organization has vetted this situation and has legitimate belief that kawaii may stay long term then I change my opinion. You have to do this because potential top 5 talents dont come around everyday.

As a raps fan and having grown up in Toronto I am very sad to see Demar leave. I really hoped he would have been our first player to be drafted and retired with us.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Lakers Toronto Raptors Toronto Blue Jays
    See rjabreu88's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I do think the Spurs probably got the best return for Kawaii they could possibly get. Lakers, celtics and 76ers all showed interest but reports are saying lakers would not offer much because they are hoping to land him in FA next year, celtics would not part with kyrie, horford, tatum, brown or hayward, and 76ers would not part with fults, simmons or embid. Getting an allstar under 30, a young solid bench big and a low first rounder for a guy that no longer wants to play for you is pretty damn good.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

OKC looking to move Carmelo in a three-team deal:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...6ers/23485822/

We'd get Schröder from Atlanta in return. Not a huge fan of him, tbh, but moving Melo seems necessary at this point.

SCF Rewards
    Country

OKC looking to move Carmelo in a three-team deal:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...6ers/23485822/

We'd get Schröder from Atlanta in return. Not a huge fan of him, tbh, but moving Melo seems necessary at this point.

Looks like he is going to be traded to the Hawks. They will cut him and he is looking to sign with the Rockets.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

B-Easy to the Lakers ... he could have a nice year playing with LeBron as he can score from anywhere, on anyone.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...land-cavaliers

Big contract for Love in Cleve! I hope he does well and puts up Minnesota TWolves Love types of numbers as the Main Dude now in Cleve. I will continue to follow him, the Cavs, and my OKC Thunder with Westbrook and George. I'll try to ignore the glitzy Warriors and LeBron Lakers in the process.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Now Love needs to stay healthy!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looks like he is going to be traded to the Hawks. They will cut him and he is looking to sign with the Rockets.

Looks like it is official now

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/...h-rockets.html

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast