Capitals' Stanley Cup victory was great for hockey

When I saw Alexander Ovechkin raise the Stanley Cup and watched the celebrations in Las Vegas and Washington D.C., Thursday night, I thought of Glenn Brenner.

Unless you lived in the D.C. area in the late 1980s and early ‘90s you have probably never heard of him.

Brenner was a local TV sportscaster in Washington back when local news was still a big deal. And he was a really big deal. When he died from a brain tumor at 44 in 1992, Presidents George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan spoke highly of him and said he would be sorely missed.

https://observer-reporter.com/column...6c9895211.html
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Plus seeing Ovi party with the cup has been very entetaining. He's enjoying his cup win 150%!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Quote Originally Posted by creasecollector View Post
    Plus seeing Ovi party with the cup has been very entetaining. He's enjoying his cup win 150%!

He wanted to win it for a long time and he truly enjoys it!
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content
    Base cards available: Hidden Content

It's hard not to be happy for Ovie. The guy plays with his heart on his sleeve.

Ovie is clearly one of the most marketable players in the game today, a prolific goal scorer, and a guy who appears to love interacting with the fans. He was already a first ballot HOF but this championship is the icing on the cake.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Victor Mete, and
    Young Guns graded BGS 9.5.

Quote Originally Posted by pwskelly View Post
    It's hard not to be happy for Ovie. The guy plays with his heart on his sleeve.

Ovie is clearly one of the most marketable players in the game today, a prolific goal scorer, and a guy who appears to love interacting with the fans. He was already a first ballot HOF but this championship is the icing on the cake.
    Wholeheartedly agree with what you said. I just wanted him to win so I would no longer hear people tell me Crosby is better because he has delivered Cups and Ovy has never been able to deliver. Well he has delivered and I am not getting into the who is better but Ovy definitely is enjoying his moment with the Cup.

DON