Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

if it's a known defect they should replace it

SCF Rewards
    Country

I traded for a Getzlaf 3clr Cup RC Au Patch /199 way back in 05/06. The card had some minor surface damage, like a small dent in the card. I emailed UD and asked if they would replace, they asked for my receipt and I told them I no longer had it. I politely told them that I was lucky enough to save my money for arguably the most anticipated Hockey release in current memory and was just happy I was able to afford a box. When I got around to scanning my new cards I had found the damage, thats why I no longer had any proof of purchase. I asked them to replace the card with the same card and if possible, the exact same patch.

In the end, I got a new minty Getz rookie, same serial number and everything, with an upgraded logo patch. Just be nice, kiss a little bit of ™™™, and they will happily help you. I actually enclosed a written letter when returning the card, after speaking with someone on the phone with everything I said and thats why I believe they upgraded my patch.

I am not sure if you've already told them you purchased your card damaged, but just tell them you were so happy with their product and your great pull ... which was immediately followed by disappointment because of the damage, and you have all the faith in the world their great company will make it right. In the end, you might get a little extra for your troubles.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

too bad on hearing thateveryone's acetate young guns are damaged from the factory. Got a Logan Brown in a group break and all the corners are great! Are these cards worth being graded?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (63)
    Country
    See jc-card-collectibles's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Did you send the receipt and upc code?

Yes I did.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Edmonton Eskimos
    See Skeeter780's Items on eBay

Did you get the exact same card back?

Sent from my SM-G390W using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (63)
    Country

I will have to wait and see.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Nope...was very aware of the corner when I bought it..being a rare card you can't be very "choosey" and look for another one.
    I've emailed upper deck and they confirmed it's a defect from the factory. I'll be keeping the card despite the Corner, unless I could get a replacement card.
    My question now is, since it's a defect from upper deck, how does it affect it from being graded?
    Is it even worth it to get it graded?

If you end up having to keep the card, I personally wouldn't bother spending the money to get it graded.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My question now is, since it's a defect from upper deck, how does it affect it from being graded?
    Is it even worth it to get it graded?

It doesn't matter how the damage occurred (factory damage from UD, dropped on the floor, chewed by the family dog, etc.), damaged is damaged when it comes to grading. With that damaged corner it would not be worth grading unless you want it in the graded card slab for your PC.
    Hidden Content
    My up-to-date multi-sport trade/sale inventory + full wantlist can be found on Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Edmonton Eskimos
    See Skeeter780's Items on eBay

I will have to wait and see.

When do you expect to get your card back?
    Like to know if you get direct replacement before sending mine in

Sent from my SM-G390W using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (63)
    Country

It takes 6-8 weeks turn around

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12