Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Is the RB position DEAD?

     
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by jplcom View Post
    4th all-time in receiving yards and 2nd all-time in receiving TDs. 4-time all pro, 1998 rookie of the year, 1st team all-decade team 2000s and a hall of famer. Please elaborate.
    Seeing as how he should have been a lock for being #1 in almost every receiving catagory being 4th all time in yards is pretty weak especially since he finished with less than a contemporary player in TO. The guy was notorious for "giving up" on plays that didn't involve him and near the end of his career he was run out of several locker rooms even though those teams could have used a top WR.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jameis1of1 View Post
    ^ Randy Moss was a drug addict? Where did you hear that?
    This serious?

    He was dismissed from one of the Florida college teams after failing a drug test in JAIL. Had weed on him and in the car when he got into a car accident. Failed a NFL drug test in 2001. Admitted himself he used drugs towards the end of his career though it was in the "off season". Guess it depends on your definition of drug addict.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  2. Kronozio
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Seeing as how he should have been a lock for being #1 in almost every receiving catagory being 4th all time in yards is pretty weak especially since he finished with less than a contemporary player in TO. The guy was notorious for "giving up" on plays that didn't involve him and near the end of his career he was run out of several locker rooms even though those teams could have used a top WR.



    This serious?

    He was dismissed from one of the Florida college teams after failing a drug test in JAIL. Had weed on him and in the car when he got into a car accident. Failed a NFL drug test in 2001. Admitted himself he used drugs towards the end of his career though it was in the "off season". Guess it depends on your definition of drug addict.
    Unless Jesus Christ descends and plays football, NO PLAYER should be a "lock" to own all the receiving records over Jerry Rice, let alone Randy Moss ... please tell me you were joking. 4th all-time in receiving yards is "weak"? Again, please tell me you were joking.

    As for being a "drug addict" ... none of the things you listed make me think he was a "drug addict", just a guy who enjoyed using recreational drugs, which never even cost to be suspended for one measly game ... an addict is someone like Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, etc., guys who can't stop using even to make millions ... Moss was never even suspended for one single game, that's not an "addict" to me.

    Randy Moss was a FIRST BALLOT HOF wide receiver, the dude was a massive success story, I don't see how one can view him any other way.
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

    We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

  4. #23
    Yeah I get that Moss was known for taking some plays off but I think it got magnified because he was such a transcendent player. He played a position that Rice, with his 20 years of beyond maximum effort, cast the longest of shadows over. I don't think there's a player alive who hasn't taken off a play, or hasn't given less than max effort from time to time. But one does not reach the heights Moss did without putting in superhuman effort.

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameis1of1 View Post
    Unless Jesus Christ descends and plays football, NO PLAYER should be a "lock" to own all the receiving records over Jerry Rice, let alone Randy Moss ... please tell me you were joking. 4th all-time in receiving yards is "weak"? Again, please tell me you were joking.

    As for being a "drug addict" ... none of the things you listed make me think he was a "drug addict", just a guy who enjoyed using recreational drugs, which never even cost to be suspended for one measly game ... an addict is someone like Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, etc., guys who can't stop using even to make millions ... Moss was never even suspended for one single game, that's not an "addict" to me.

    Randy Moss was a FIRST BALLOT HOF wide receiver, the dude was a massive success story, I don't see how one can view him any other way.
    How many drug tests does a person have to fail before they are considered a drug addict? Also there are recreational drugs and what other drugs again?
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    How many drug tests does a person have to fail before they are considered a drug addict? Also there are recreational drugs and what other drugs again?
    Again, Moss NEVER missed a single game to a drug suspension in the NFL. And, apparently he only failed two drug tests in his entire life … if Moss is a "drug addict" I'd venture to guess 90%+ of ALL modern athletes are also "drug addicts" and that seems absurd to me.

    I mean, seriously … do you consider nearly ALL modern athletes alcoholics? I'm sure most drink beer more than Moss did drugs …

    As for Rice's records … Rice also admitted to cheating throughout his career … maybe had Moss worn stickum like Rice his stats would be better, eh?
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

    We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameis1of1 View Post
    he only failed two drug tests in his entire life
    You mean he didn't fail any drug tests as a baby?
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    You mean he didn't fail any drug tests as a baby?
    Do you consider nearly ALL pro athletes to be alcoholics?
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

    We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About SCF

    Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

    SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

Follow SCF on