Trotz confident he'll be back as coach of Capitals next season

WASHINGTON -- Barry Trotz is confident he'll return as coach of the Washington Capitals next season.

"We'll talk," he said Tuesday following a parade and rally to celebrate the Capitals' first Stanley Cup championship. "We're going to enjoy this with the players. I love the players, I love D.C., my family loves it here. We'll get something done."

During a speech on stage at the National Mall, Trotz also said, "We're going to do it again," referring to a second straight championship.

https://www.nhl.com/news/barry-trotz...on/c-299037416
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center

Country
    SCF Rewards

Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

I can't see the owner not making an offer to bring back the coach who lead the team to the Cup. If the Caps were out early of the playoffs, yes he would probably be gone. But, they are the Stanley Cup Winners!! The questions are more: how much, and for how long?
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content
    Base cards available: Hidden Content

Well he resigned today... things went south pretty quick I guess.

https://www.tsn.ca/trotz-steps-down-...oach-1.1116217

Just days after winning the Stanley Cup, the Washington Capitals need a new head coach.
    Barry Trotz resigned from his position, the club announced on Monday.
    I collect Newfoundland & Labrador Players-Cleary-Ryder-Clowe-Purcell-Pardy-LaCosta-Pelletier-Adam-Greening-Bishop
    Collecting Luke Schenn, Jonas Gustavsson,
    Bucket: Hidden Content

I heard he didn't like the owner either. But it was all about money for Trotz and rightfully so. He deserves a big raise next season and the Caps were not willing to pay that kind of money. He'll probably head to the NY Islanders.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Quote Originally Posted by mikecole141 View Post
    Well he resigned today... things went south pretty quick I guess.

https://www.tsn.ca/trotz-steps-down-...oach-1.1116217

Thanks for sharing was going to update but you beat me to it.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!