Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

@key2win
    @cjs-sportscards
    @ClemD
    @rjabreu88
    @shockwiresports
    @opulent jupiter
    @lil5up3rman
    @bakemeister52

How did everyone find our first week as the contest team went? I'd like to get your feedback with regards to what you liked and didn't like after your first go 'round.

- The issue of prop bets/questions came up. While there is nothing wrong with them, they do take more time to score, and I've found that despite my own enthusiasm for coming up with cool prop questions, the participants still largely avoided them. Currently, I use prop bet or player-based questions mostly when I'm stuck finding a game that I think fits with a slot or two in my schedule I'm trying to fill (especially on Mondays and Thursdays when there are fewer games to choose from, sometimes there just aren't enough games to fill all the levels). Feel free to use prop bets how you like going forward, just keep those things in mind (that the participants are usually less keen on them than you are to make them, and that they require additional time/effort to score). I know I suggested a max of 2 per schedule, but I'm not a huge fan of unnecessary rules, so just use your discretion. They're your schedules to make, and it's not supposed to be a miserable, limited experience.

- The issue of schedule posting time came up as well. In practice, posting schedules too early creates problems for both the participants (harder to find the right schedule for that day) and for the scorers (having to sort out responses instead of just going through the list in order, as it were). Ideally, schedules should be posted the evening before, and I usually aim for some time after the 7pm games for that day have started. Anywhere from 8pm-after midnight would be appropriate and ideal. If you think you'll have troubles posting within that timeframe, post your schedule here, in this thread, and one of us can copy and paste your schedule to the main thread at the appropriate time on your behalf. That's super simple to do, and helps to keep things consistent.

- opulent jupiter has volunteered to do the schedule for this Friday, June 29th - thank you for that, and enjoy your first schedule.

- I'm not sure how this upcoming Sunday is going to go (whether bakemeister52 will be in a position to do it comfortably or not). If he is, there's no issue. If he's not quite ready yet, either ClemD or myself can pick it up.

Thanks, everyone! As they say, practice makes perfect, and this should only get easier/better as we go forward and establish our routines.

Best,
    Paul

SCF Rewards
    Country

If anyone does prop betting questions, please think of me when determining how many questions to put each day. The scoring for last Friday took substantially longer since I had to check box scores.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

Sorry again on the props, I hear you that was definitely too many!

My thoughts are that the new method is working well. Making sure the Friday lineup people know when it is their turn, this Friday = @opulent jupiter

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Detroit Tigers Detroit Lions
    See opulent_jupiter's Items on eBay

All good. Have it set in my phone for thursday night.
    Click Here for my Complete Inventory: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Houston Astros Dallas Cowboys

I hear all of you about posting the schedule of games, No problem going forward. "Anywhere from 8pm-after midnight would be appropriate and ideal." @ravens_creed -- I'll pick up Sunday 7-1 @bakemeister52 Let me know asap if you are planning to do 7-1 yourself -- then I won't go ahead with it.

@key2win

An interesting prop bet I thought of:
    Who hits most home runs AL or NL?
    To make it truly 50-50 question (or a level 3), American League DH and National League Pitcher hitting spot home runs should be stripped out of the total (always lopsided).
    Scoring shouldn't be too, too hard. The below link list is sortable - click on "HR" in the column header. A little above this, click on "League: MLB AL NL"

MLB Batting Daily Leaders - June 25, 2018

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/dailyl.../sort/homeRuns
    Anyone in the list a DH or pitcher, you can simply minus it out.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I will be back late 6-29, so I can do 7-1 thanks for helping out ClemD. I hope i can come back and score points. I am getting beat by lil5up3rman bad. Thanks Paul for keeping us in line.
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for stepping right up, Rob! Have a safe journey back!

I will be back late 6-29, so I can do 7-1 thanks for helping out ClemD. I hope i can come back and score points. I am getting beat by lil5up3rman bad. Thanks Paul for keeping us in line.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question for all of you... do any of you use your phone or a tablet to make/post your schedule? The reason I ask is that it's looking like I'll be visiting my best friend out in Calgary in a few weeks, and between he and his wife, they are phone/tablet people. I'm a computer/laptop guy. I fear the thought of having to tend to this contest from my phone only during that 10-day period, assuming it will take me exponentially longer to do what I usually do. I'm looking for a small lesson in how/what you do to post on your phones so that it doesn't take an hour (unless it does!). That leaves me with a second question: how long does it take you to complete task X on your phone? X can be schedule-making, scoring, whatever.

Thanks for the help, team!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Detroit Tigers Detroit Lions
    See opulent_jupiter's Items on eBay

Quick question because I confuse easily lol.

I post tonight for Friday's games correct....

Thanks,

Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country

You got it, Chris!

Quick question because I confuse easily lol.

I post tonight for Friday's games correct....

Thanks,

Chris

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast