Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Streak Contest (Team) Discussion Thread

A thread for:

- Asking questions about schedules or scoring the results
    - Finding a replacement when you are unavailable
    - Volunteering to help out or volunteering to not volunteer any longer :P
    - Any other questions or discussions pertaining to the running of the Streak Contest

Schedule Template:

Questions for Thursday, June 21, 2018

- You may make up to 3 predictions total.
    - You may make no more than 2 predictions per level.
    - Please indicate the level number in each of your predictions.
    - All times listed are in Eastern Time (EDT).
    - Good Luck!

Level 1: (2 RP / 1 SP)
    1a) FIFA World Cup: who will win or draw:
    1b) FIFA World Cup: who will win or draw:
    1c) MLB: who will win:

Level 2: (5 RP / 2 SP)
    2d) FIFA World Cup: who will win or draw:
    2e) MLB: who will win:
    2f) MLB: who will win:

Level 3: (10 RP / 3 SP)
    3g) MLB: who will win:
    3h) MLB: who will win:
    3i) MLB: who will win:

*** The sport of soccer presents an extra challenge for this contest, due to the frequency with which ties (draws) occur. With the World Cup starting with today’s schedule, and becoming a prominent part of the contest for the next several weeks, I wanted to go over some special rules regarding World Cup soccer games (possibly for use with MLS games going forward as well). The following rules will be in effect:

- For each match/game, you may select either team, or you may guess that the match will end in a draw (3 choices total)
    - If you select “draw” and either team wins, you LOSE
    - However, if you select either team to win, and the match/game results in a draw, that will score as a PUSH and not count towards your score.
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 06-18-2018 at 02:00 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

First question: When are/aren't you available? Preferences one way or the other?
    Second question: Are you available to do both the schedule and the scoring, or just the schedule?

@cjs-sportscards
    @bakemeister52
    @ClemD
    @rjabreu88
    @opulent jupiter

@key2win

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can do the scoring mostly every night, but would be nice to have 1-2 days off a week if someone else can help with it.

I prefer to just do scoring, hence I will cover it most days of the week.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can do the scoring mostly every night, but would be nice to have 1-2 days off a week if someone else can help with it.

I prefer to just do scoring, hence I will cover it most days of the week.

I intend to score my own schedules, so there's a couple of days per week off for you to start.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    (263) The Bench
    Country
    Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox New England Patriots
    See c.j.sportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I have not gone through all the details of your contest post yet. But I prefer to do the schedule rather than do the scoring as well (as just for me - it is a conflict since I am playing in the contest just to make things clearer in my mind). I also think that who ever does the schedule needs to provide the "answer key" (except for the pick your own winner days) to the scorer or just post the winners in the thread.

-cj

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Houston Astros Dallas Cowboys

If it is okay with everyone, I wouldn't mind preparing the slate of games a couple of days per week (days next to each other, if possible). Please let me know.

My thought on a timing window for posting would be, say, 8p or 9p eastern the night before to noon day of? Plenty of time? After noon, a standby poster posts? Anything that's decided would be pretty much okay with me.

For now, I'd like to stick with the roster of games. There are a few capable hands that are ready to step in with that, looks like.

Thanks for keeping this contest going.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Detroit Tigers Detroit Lions
    See opulent_jupiter's Items on eBay

Hello. I think it is awesome that so many have volunteered their time and talents.

I can definitely help out but I would use me as a last resort. My schedule has been a chaotic to say the least.

I would need to know how you decide what games go into each level, I don't follow all the pro sports as closely as I do the NHL. It sounds like we have enough talent to cover the scoring.

Chris
    Click Here for my Complete Inventory: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Lakers Toronto Raptors Toronto Blue Jays
    See rjabreu88's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I would prefer to do schedule only. I am free to do schedules Monday-Thursday. Which ever of those days are needed. 1 or 2 days would be fine for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As we proceed with formalizing the schedule, remember that you will be making the schedule for the day you are assigned the day before. For example, if you are assigned Tuesday, you'll be making the actual schedule for Tuesday probably sometime on Monday (or before even). Being assigned a day doesn't mean you'll be doing the schedule that day, the schedule needs to be ready for that day!

Here's where we're at right now:

@cjs-sportscards - Tuesdays - schedule only
    @ClemD - 1 or 2 days a week (2 days back-to-back specified), schedule only
    @rjabreu88 - 1 or 2 days a week, Mon-Thu availability only, schedule only
    @bakemeister52 - Wed, Thu are worst days, available once back on June 28th
    @opulent jupiter - available for "spot starts" for schedule making here and there (rover)
    @shockwiresports - available for "spot starts" for schedule making here and there (rover)
    @lil5up3rman - available for "spot starts" for schedule making here and there (rover)
    @key2win - scoring only, would like a few days off per week from doing so
    @ravens_creed - I was planning on filling in the blanks, but I suppose I do have my own thoughts and preferences that couldn't hurt to share. Having me do Mondays and Thursdays would make a lot of sense from the standpoint that they will be the hardest days to make schedules for over the summer months (because they're the MLB off-days). It's not a problem for me to make a schedule that's fair and works, even when given little to work with. I'd rather have you guys enjoy the freedom of making a schedule with lots of options to choose from. Of course, it doesn't have to be that way. Also, if possible, I'd prefer to not have to do the schedule for Sundays (meaning having to do it on Saturday) whenever possible.

Here is a tentative schedule plan:

Monday - ravens_creed
    Tuesday - cjs-sportscards
    Wednesday - rjabreu88
    Thursday - ravens_creed
    Friday - to be shared by opulent jupiter, shockwiresports, and lil5up3rman (you'd be doing a schedule for Friday once every 3 weeks). We could also add more names to this "rotating day" list. The more names, the longer the gap between your days.
    Saturday - ClemD
    Sunday - ClemD - to be taken over by bakemeister52 on his return late June/early July. Also, once NFL season starts, that means Bake gets to do the Sunday schedule for the one day of the week where the NFL will dominate the schedule.

- This schedule takes everyone's preference into consideration and spreads the work around as much as possible.
    - Nothing is official and changes can still be made if you don't like this, or your availability has changed
    - I was thinking of having "scheduled regulars" and "rovers" separately, but this puts everyone on the schedule, giving everyone plenty of heads-up on which dates you are responsible for specifically. It reduces the last-minute-bail-out scenario as much as possible as well.
    - I'd be happy to make long-term (monthly?) schedules to be posted here so that everyone could see a calendar of which days are theirs, plan for replacements, etc.
    - We would all be "rovers", helping each other out as needed, probably on a who-gets-there-first kind of deal.
    - You can always swap days with someone else (trade), or make a deal... "I'll do your next two if you can take my day tomorrow..."
    - You can always do your schedule a few days in advance, and then post it here for one of us to post on your behalf if you won't be around at the time it usually would be posted

** The only things you are responsible for in your schedules are the date/title, the name of the league, followed by the question/prompt (usually "who will win"), the teams involved, and the start time. You are NOT responsible for ADDITIONAL information, such as starting pitchers, starting pitcher's records or ERA, team records, or anything else. You are absolutely free to include those things, and I usually find that the more you include, the more informed the participants will be, but including less information and have the participants have to seek out that additional information themselves (inform their own choices) is totally appropriate and acceptable. Not including that stuff is also a huge time saver. ;)

So, what say you all about this initial proposal?
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 06-16-2018 at 03:42 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Lakers Toronto Raptors Toronto Blue Jays
    See rjabreu88's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Sounds great and works for me!

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast