Thread: FAKE or NOT???

FAKE or NOT???

This guy i am talking to says he got a bunch of cards at an estate sale. Among those cards are a 1933 Babe Ruth #53 and a 1952 topps Mickey Mantle. I know it's probably a long shot, but I wanted to post pictures and see if anyone could tell me if it is original or fake/reprint.

4. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    He is sending me a better picture of the mantle tomorrow.

Greetings:
    Ask for an opposite side as well. For both cards that would help in the investigation of real or not.
    Last edited by BSEBALLCOMMISH75; 06-14-2018 at 11:25 PM.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75
    Hidden Content

Here is the back of the Ruth. Again, not a great picture. He is sending new ones to me tomorrow, will updated with the new pics.

Here is a better picture of the Mantle.

Don't really know about the Ruth but I'd lean fake. The Mantle I'd say is almost 100% fake. The dead giveaway is the rounding of the corners on the edges. Cards don't do that over time so fakers have to make them not sharp so they wear the corners but these all look the same and for a card that is in otherwise great condition why would just those corners take all the abuse? lol
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Don't really know about the Ruth but I'd lean fake. The Mantle I'd say is almost 100% fake. The dead giveaway is the rounding of the corners on the edges. Cards don't do that over time so fakers have to make them not sharp so they wear the corners but these all look the same and for a card that is in otherwise great condition why would just those corners take all the abuse? lol
    I agree.I would bet they are both fake.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Looking for Carl Furillo,Rocky Colavito,and Johnny Callison stuff.