Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

best affordable baseballs?

Hey guys,
    ROMLB are too expensive. Especially since they might not come back! What is an affordable alternative?
    my for trade website can be seen here: Hidden Content
    My for sale on eBay:Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Try craigslist i scored a bucket one time mostly new for 10 bucks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

wow good idea

Try craigslist i scored a bucket one time mostly new for 10 bucks

anybody else know where I can get some cool baseballs for autographs for cheap?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

I'd say if it's not worth using an ROMLB for, use a card or picture instead.

Pretty much everything else bleeds and fades over time. I guess a minor league ball or the old AL/NL balls would be fine but those are expensive enough you should just get the ROMLB instead.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For the past two seasons I've been using the Baden All Weather leather baseballs (blue stitching) to graph the local AAA games. They feel just like the same leather as an ROMLB, they don't have the 'China' printed near the sweet spot and they are $4.99 at Dick's Sporting Goods. I use the office max brand ballpoint blue ink pens and they do great. I can't say for certain how they will hold up in say 20 years, but they take the ink well and seem to be alright. I save the ROMLB fortop 100 prospects and use these for everything else.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Try an ROLB1. You can usually find them for under $4 each. Just make sure it is a genuine leather ball, and not synthetic leather. The only problem is the "China" or "Cambodia" just below the sweet spot. But, if you get it authenticated, you can request the hologram be placed over it. You can also try to CAREFULLY remove that printing with a magic eraser.