Thread: 1988 Topps UK

SCF Rewards
    Country

1988 Topps UK

Long time reader, new poster. Came across these two boxes listed in the catalog of an upcoming auction. Based on the label, I am guessing these are the American Baseball sets but I thought I would check with the group to see if there is a way to tell (aside from opening the boxes) if these would be the Tiffany sets or not?
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    Without opening them up I would say that they aren't the Tiffany type so I would say open 1 check to see
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

This Amazon listing shows a green box. My guess is that these are NOT Tiffany sets, but there is no REAL way of knowing.

https://www.amazon.com/Topps-Tiffany.../dp/B071F31WCP

SCF Rewards
    Country

Although, interestingly enough, I found this standard 1988 Topps Tiffany set on eBay, and you'll notice it is a box packed inside of a box just like your example. What I don't know is if the seller simply packed it in that extra box to make it more sturdy.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1988-TOPPS-TI...gAAOSwRRZbDc1~

SCF Rewards
    Country

My take is that even though I know nothing about how these sets were packaged at the time it is a bit odd that Topps doesn't have their logo or name plastered all over the box or tape. Like I said maybe that was standard at the time for Topps but it seems weird to me.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for all the replies everyone. The item price got too steep for me since I couldn't confirm it was tiffany. It will always be a mystery!