Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CardsAndPhils View Post
    I, personally think 15K OBO is low. I would put it at no less than 75K, just to make sure you don't get lowballed. If you ask 15K OBO, the most you'll get is 15 (and you'll likely get less than 12K). But, if you ask 75K, you might get 20, 30, or even 50K. Don't leave money on the table.

But, by the same token. Don't pass up an offer that you think is fair waiting for a higher offer that may never come. That would be like betting on the river when all you've seen is the flop.

Congrats on a really sick pull.

Thank you!! I've been kind of getting the same general responses from people, some people think 10k and I hear others say 50k-75k. Obviously because I own it my opinion may be a little bias, but I totally I agree with you. Why leave $ I'm the table? There are MANY more Ohtani 1/1 auto rookie cards out there then there are Ohtani Kanji autograph Rookies....

Regardless of what happens, how GREAT is this hobby!? What a blast! Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it!

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    Really there is no downside to putting it on eBay with a super high crazy Best Offer. I mean I don't know what it will go for but let's say you put it for $15,000 and it gets bought immediately for that price. Now you will be second guessing yourself if you could have gotten more. Heck even if that means $20,000 would be the top price for it you essential sold it short by $5000. That's a lot of money to leave on the table. So I'll agree with the poster above who said to put it up with a huge Best Offer (make sure you allow shipping to Japan) and field offers for it. Good luck and thanks for showing off this awesome card.

Also with the information you gave and what we know before I'm guessing all of his big brand cards #D 22 out of whatever will be these Kanji autographs. Only makes sense to go with that assumption? I mean why have this and the Bowman Chrome Blue be numbers 22 while the others are some other random number.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

One other thing,if you decide to put it on eBay you have to open up the bidding for international buyers. Japanese collectors would go ga-ga for this card and seem to have much larger pocketbooks than U.S. bidders.

$15,000 may be low but Bowman Chrome seems to sell for a lot more than Finest so that's why I came up with that figure but I hope you get more.
    Wantlist to everything I collect and tradelist:
    Hidden Content
    When trading with me,communication is key.

Absolutely put it at $50k or more and then field offers. I would bet that you'll get no less than $30k for this card given how hush hush Topps has been about the Kanji autographs. Japan knows it's rare and they know that one of their biggest superstars is making an impact (with wild comparisons) in the US MLB game. They'll want this card to reside in Japan and they have DEEP pockets.
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Really there is no downside to putting it on eBay with a super high crazy Best Offer. I mean I don't know what it will go for but let's say you put it for $15,000 and it gets bought immediately for that price. Now you will be second guessing yourself if you could have gotten more. Heck even if that means $20,000 would be the top price for it you essential sold it short by $5000. That's a lot of money to leave on the table. So I'll agree with the poster above who said to put it up with a huge Best Offer (make sure you allow shipping to Japan) and field offers for it. Good luck and thanks for showing off this awesome card.

Also with the information you gave and what we know before I'm guessing all of his big brand cards #D 22 out of whatever will be these Kanji autographs. Only makes sense to go with that assumption? I mean why have this and the Bowman Chrome Blue be numbers 22 while the others are some other random number.
    Thanks! I totally agree with you! I will make sure to keep everyone updated on how I make out :)

Quote Originally Posted by ottoman55 View Post
    Great Card

Quote Originally Posted by bblair_2002 View Post
    One other thing,if you decide to put it on eBay you have to open up the bidding for international buyers. Japanese collectors would go ga-ga for this card and seem to have much larger pocketbooks than U.S. bidders.

$15,000 may be low but Bowman Chrome seems to sell for a lot more than Finest so that's why I came up with that figure but I hope you get more.

Thank you! I glad you brought that up, I was thinking the same thing about the Japanese market and going ga-ga for the card.
    I totally understand what you're saying about bowman chrome but i just have to wonder what it would have went for on ebay??

Quote Originally Posted by Letch77 View Post
    Absolutely put it at $50k or more and then field offers. I would bet that you'll get no less than $30k for this card given how hush hush Topps has been about the Kanji autographs. Japan knows it's rare and they know that one of their biggest superstars is making an impact (with wild comparisons) in the US MLB game. They'll want this card to reside in Japan and they have DEEP pockets.

First, thanks for your input!

Second, I sure hope you're right!!! LOL That's awesome!!

Ohtani made a surprise return yesterday so I guess the reports of his injury were greatly exaggerated, Hopefully that provides a nice boost for your card and the hobby in general.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12