Kris Bryant still a hobby stud or has he become a hobby dud ?

He was on track to be a once in a generation player but has fizzled quickly He went from 39 hr in 2016 to 29 in 2017 and only 9 hr through the 1st half of 2018.

I guess I don't get why people still hold him in comparison to guys like Trout, Harper, and Machado. I mean Arenado is running circles around Bryant but yet can't bring half of what Bryant does.

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    I don't know about once in a generation type player but he was destined for hobby stardom leading the Cubs to a World Series win. But like you said he isn't hitting home runs at a time when everyone is hitting home runs. Though he is still a really good player.

Career OPS+
    Kris Bryant 140
    Mike Trout 174
    Bryce Harper 138
    Manny Machado 120
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Pwaldo very interesting thank you for sharing that
    Hidden Content

Please bare with me sometimes my work schedule changes in a matter of minutes.Trade list is currently a work in progress if you don't see anything please ask.

Greetings:
    In my opinion on Bryant he's still a star just cause pitchers are getting to know him and he is having an off year heck even some of the great players in the past have had a couple in their careers. Case in point look at this player they hit 30 home runs in a season winning the league MVP award after a career high of 54 the year before & I suppose that you can say they won the MVP after hitting 30 home runs impossible but it's true would you call that player a dud for doing that if you do then you really should not follow the game good enough. If you want to know the name of the unknown person well....he was inducted to The Baseball Hall of Fame in 1974 along with his teammate Edward Ford the one and only Mickey Charles Mantle. So if Bryant just leaves the game now then you can make the right call for calling him a dud in the meantime he's still learning & is young and the future is still going well check back in 3 years see what happens.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyman22 View Post
    He was on track to be a once in a generation player but has fizzled quickly He went from 39 hr in 2016 to 29 in 2017 and only 9 hr through the 1st half of 2018.

I guess I don't get why people still hold him in comparison to guys like Trout, Harper, and Machado. I mean Arenado is running circles around Bryant but yet can't bring half of what Bryant does.
    As a Cubs fan and writer, I follow Bryant closely. While the home run numbers were down last year, the overall offensive numbers were as good. He has continued to adjust his approach and is striking out far less than he did his rookie year. As for this year, he started the year on fire and then played for a month+ with a shoulder injury that completely zapped his power. I fully expect him to finish the year strong once he comes back from the injury (Starts his rehab assignment tomorrow).
    Main PC: Marcus Kruger
    Other PC: Tommy Wingels and Christian Friedrich

Has he settled into a permanent position yet? Some players thrive in the "super utility" role. Others do better when they are consistently in the lineup at the same position and the same spot in the lineup day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyman22 View Post

I would take Trout, Harper, Machado, and Arenado over Bryant. He has been injured this year which has caused his lower numbers. Arenado is the best overall 3B in MLB in my opinion, especially defensively.
    Hidden Content - use drop down box to view other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs, Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like current Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU, and Roger Federer

arendo away from coors , .253 with 9 hrs, .370 at home