Post Royals sign 16 year old Japanese pitcher and hope to have him in the minor leagues by next year

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nior-high.html

Instead of attending high school in Japan, 16-year-old pitching sensation Kaito Yuki is headed to the Kansas City Royals organization after agreeing to a minor league deal on Sunday for a $322,500 signing bonus.

He is thought to be the first Japanese junior high school player to sign with a major league club. (Japanese junior high schools include grades 7 through 9)

'I wanted to play in the United States as soon as possible, rather than playing high school ball at Koshien Stadium [in Japan's iconic national championship],' Yuki said in statement issued by the Royals.

Yuki is listed at 6-foot-2, 170 pounds and the right-hander's fastball has been clocked at 87-88 mph. He was born on May 12, 2002.

Officially, the youngest player in Major League Baseball history was Joe Nuxhall, who made his debut with his hometown Cincinnati Reds at just 15 in 1944. He would later return to school before coming back to the Reds and was eventually selected to two National League All-Star teams.

Although he won't be rushed to the majors as Nuxhall once was, Yuki does hope for similar success on the biggest stage.

'My goal is to do well in the majors. Not everybody is given that chance, so I want to do my best,' he said at a news conference in his hometown of Osaka.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Going to be very interesting to watch

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hidden Content

Please bare with me sometimes my work schedule changes in a matter of minutes.Trade list is currently a work in progress if you don't see anything please ask.