Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gollnick View Post
    Personally I like the new Donruss cards. I think the 2016 - 2018, are a nice change from Topps. I think the 2018 Donruss Diamond Kings look sharp. The two things I don't like, is that they put out a card for anybody who ever suited up, and they don't have the team logo. Other than, that I'm happy that I can get something other than Topps.
    I would garner to guess a lot of people get turned off by the non logo. As long as your happy and like the cards enjoy what I say.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    Quote Originally Posted by doniceage View Post
    I think most folks will tell you they do not like a exclusive but that falls on the many sport organizations that have allowed this. If we truly did not like it we could do something about it in my opinion but there not enough folks who can follow thru on their dislike of the exclusive.

What products do you like that Panini puts out? You state Topps gives you the same old tired products. Do you not see Panini doing the same thing by bunching out the same ole same ole product today as yesterday and years before while adding a few new additions.

@bblair_2002

DON
    I was hoping someone would answer like this. In the 90s there were 5 fully licensed companies out there producing MLB products. That competition led to some pretty innovative card designs during that time. Now with only Topps being the lone fully licensed company,they can afford to be lazy putting the same tired autographs and game used of all the same tired players and folks still buy into it. For me,it's gotten to the point where autographs and game used cards don't carry the same weight as they did 15-20 years ago because they're so plentiful. Card designs from both companies seem to look the same every year as well. Topps High Tek was a step in the right direction,but even those cards look kinda cheap compared to when they came back in 2014.
    Wantlist to everything I collect and tradelist:
    Hidden Content
    When trading with me,communication is key.

Quote Originally Posted by bblair_2002 View Post
    I was hoping someone would answer like this. In the 90s there were 5 fully licensed companies out there producing MLB products. That competition led to some pretty innovative card designs during that time. Now with only Topps being the lone fully licensed company,they can afford to be lazy putting the same tired autographs and game used of all the same tired players and folks still buy into it. For me,it's gotten to the point where autographs and game used cards don't carry the same weight as they did 15-20 years ago because they're so plentiful. Card designs from both companies seem to look the same every year as well. Topps High Tek was a step in the right direction,but even those cards look kinda cheap compared to when they came back in 2014.
    I think anyone will agree that competition is good for the industry. Topps can not be lazy as there other Companies making other cards out there. The only difference is that they have no logo. If they produce a better product with only that one missing element if they do not put out a good product they will hurt their bottom line big time. As for your point on autographs and game used cards not carrying weight that on the consumer. As that is what the consumer (market) has driven the companies to provide. Would you buy a case that only had 1 game used per case like in the past?

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12