Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Better Than "Skid Row", I Finally Hit "Skud-Ra" And Picked Up This Penguins Jersey!

So my long anticipated mailday has come from Classic Auctions and I finally received my two items that I won. The first will be posted today and the second tomorrow.

Before we are onto the show, don't forget to "LIKE" Bruce C. Goaltending Museum on Facebook and "FOLLOW" us on Twitter, I am really close to 500 likes and would love to finally cross that threshold. Now, let's begin!

Born on April 24, 1973 in Riga, Latvia, Peter Skudra was an undrafted prospect that struggled to put up pro-level numbers in the ECHL and CHL after transitioning to North American hockey in 1994. After a competent season in 1996-97, the Pittsburgh Penguins signed the Latvian goalie. Spending time in the IHL, Skudra eventually got his chance on November 5, 1997. Playing in relief of Ken Wregget, Skudra stopped 7 of 8 shots he faced in the team's 5-2 defeat to Dallas. In his first season, he ended up appearing in 17 NHL games, and he recorded an impressive 1.83GAA and a 0.924% save average. The following year, he became the full time back-up in Pittsburgh and appeared in 37 games, sharing time with Tom Barrasso and J.S. Aubin. He recorded decent numbers and as a result, he returned for one additional year with the Penguins, appearing in 20 games and seeing a major decline in his numbers. He was then signed by Boston in 2000-01, immediately placed on waivers, claimed by Buffalo (where he appeared in a single game for 27 minutes), then reclaimed by Boston on waivers once more. Once picked up the second time, he appeared in 25 games for them. The following season, he was signed by Vancouver and appeared in 46 games over the next two seasons with them. Skudra returned to the Russian League at the conclusion of that 2002-03 season and he retired from play at the conclusion of the 2006-07 season. He did, however, take up coaching as he has been the head coach of Nizhny Novgorod Torpedo in the KHL for several seasons.

In 146 games played, Skudra recorded a 51-47-20 record with six shutouts, a 2.73GAA, and a 0.894% save average. In three playoff appearances, he recorded an 0-1 record with a 3.10GAA and 0.895% save average.

The piece you are looking at right now is a 1998-99 Pittsburgh Penguins Road jersey used by Peter Skudra. There are several puck marks littered throughout the sweater, a rusty fight strap, and it exhibits some loose threading on the front. A fine piece of Latvia's second best NHL goaltender.

Acquired from: Classic Auctions

Dates of Game Use: Unknown at this time

Photomatched: Not yet, referenced only.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Nicely done, Bruce! How much pieces are in your museum so far?

Do you have a goal/milestone you'd like to acheive? (example: 500 GU pieces)
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

Nicely done, Bruce! How much pieces are in your museum so far?

Do you have a goal/milestone you'd like to acheive? (example: 500 GU pieces)

I currently have 174 unique pieces in the museum representing 134 different goalies. The goal is one game used piece of every goalie to ever play in the NHL. So 1300-1500 ish.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I currently have 174 unique pieces in the museum representing 134 different goalies. The goal is one game used piece of every goalie to ever play in the NHL. So 1300-1500 ish.

That is quite the quest. Awesome! If you ever track down more than one Jhonas Enroth gamer, you know who to call ;)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

That is quite the quest. Awesome! If you ever track down more than one Jhonas Enroth gamer, you know who to call ;)

Some of it is impossible to the say the least, as no amount of money will ever track you down a jersey worn in a single game by one of those pesky one-game wonder goalies from like the 1910s, for example. I enjoy the grind.

You got it.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Some of it is impossible to the say the least, as no amount of money will ever track you down a jersey worn in a single game by one of those pesky one-game wonder goalies from like the 1910s, for example. I enjoy the grind.

You got it.

Of course, but hey, it's the fun that keeps the collection going. Plus having a gamer from multiple decades/era's from the past is always cool!

Hockey history... told with goalie equipment.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

WOW Thank you for sharing