Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: 1971 Topps Vending Box

SCF Rewards
    Country

1971 Topps Vending Box

I recently purchased a new/old home,and this was in the attic.I actually collect vintage cards,and was puzzled by this when I seen it. There were no markings indicating what year the box was from,and I couldn't remember a set ever having exactly 500 cards in it. Obviously this box has been put through the ringer(it barely stays together and one of the sides is loose)but still I do not see these things posted often or I would have recognized it. With a little research I found out it was a 71 vending box(series 3). Ironically,it was filled with 1980 topps that were in excellent condition (no r.henderson's ) .I still thought it was a cool find,and worth posting since I haven't seen these things discussed very often. I have no idea what the handwriting says or who it's by fwiw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (255.2 KB, 2 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (268.0 KB, 2 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (274.7 KB, 4 views)
    Last edited by RedMachine1975; 07-14-2018 at 03:14 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Mets New Orleans Hornets

"For the fun of it" about sums it all up eh?! Cool find. Sorry there was no Rickey rookie (and that they weren't 71s!), but fun nonetheless