Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dont understand !!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

I dont understand !!!

i cant for the life of me figure out why this keeps happening. is it just me or are you guys/gals having similar problems.

three of the last four packages i have recieved from members COME WITHOUT ANY PROTECTION AT ALL.

NO TOPLOADERS, and guess what ... some of the cards have dinged corners, coincidentally all on the same side. wonder how that happened. what are we getting so cheap because a toploader adds 20 grams extra weight to the package. or do people just not care because the cards are no longer theirs.

do we not realize that extra cost when we have to "fix" the trade/sale

come on gang - TOPLOADERS PLEASE.

rant over

oh yeah here is another little pet peeve of mine.

when you send off your cards - please put in a note saying who they are from.
    we get packages from a number of different sources and it helps to know who sent what.

thank you
    peace Ice

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Is this from deals made here at SCF? If so, please make sure that you go through the dispute resolution process and contact your deal partners to ensure that things get resolved properly.

Hate to see this happen - it's laziness and there's no excuse for it in 2018. Everybody knows full well the proper way to ship.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Is this from deals made here at SCF? If so, please make sure that you go through the dispute resolution process and contact your deal partners to ensure that things get resolved properly.

Hate to see this happen - it's laziness and there's no excuse for it in 2018. Everybody knows full well the proper way to ship.

I have to agree with @icefields it been happening more and more. On this site, feebay, and other places, it seems like people do not think about good shipping practices. If everybody knew I think folks would do it as I have educated a few folk over the last year on better ways to ship. Cannot say how many people think putting a stack of cards with toploaders taped around it is safe and good way to ship. That how I have noticed a lot of packages coming in.

I am guilty of not including a note when I ship cards. Of course I just trade here so there is always a trade log to look at what I traded for. So props to SCF for that easy tool.

Sorry to hear about dinged cards!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Sorry to hear this, and everyone is absolutely correct when they state that this is inexcusable.

I would certainly be looking for my cards/money back or some other form of restitution. Sometimes cards, even ones that are well packaged, get damaged through the mail. However opting to send cards without a toploarder is simply cheap and lazy. Hope this works out for you.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Sorry to hear about your damaged cards. Hopefully your future deals moving forward will be with proper card protection.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Although I'm not a huge fan of it when it comes to me this way, the least someone could do is put all the cards into one of the bigger top loaders painters taped in a team bag so there is that level of side person.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wonder how much of this has to do with new blood in the collecting / flipping game that just has not yet realized good shipping habits. It it is indeed seasoned hobbyists, this is inexcusable.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No note needed just check the address where it came from.
    Blackhawks wantlist,Hockey/Baseball traders @ Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah, that sucks.... and there is no excuse for it. We can all debate about the "best" way to ship. I know many don't like tape on toploaders, but I don't really care about that myself. I'm expecting the card to get to me safe... I don't require you to provide a way for me to store it permanently (especially since you don't know how I'm going to do that).

Penny Sleeve, Top Loader, Team bag (and/or tape). Something to pad the card with (a decoy, base cards, whatever) too. That's generally what I do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Don't we all have a ton of toploaders laying around from cards that we've picked up? Should be a no-brainer. Adding a toploader will usually not increase the weight to add another ounce for postage. It will however, in the US, possibly result in a 21 cent surcharge for a rigid item in the envelope (if using PWE). Still worth it for the extra protection.

I also believe it's important to make a mailing thick enough so as to avoid the automated sorting equipment which does bend every envelope that is processed.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast