Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: WFAN Yankees FanFest

SCF Rewards
    Country

WFAN Yankees FanFest

Made the trip down to Yankees FanFest hosted by their radio station at Macombs Dam Park across from Yankee Stadium. I've gone a couple of times and they are usually a nice way to get a few free autographs from former players. This was the first year that they promoted the event as a chance to "take photos" with players. I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. The hosts of every radio show signed after each break. I was able to get a Boomer Esiason picture signed. He made an effort to sign and take pictures for as many people per break which was cool. I then stood on line for almost an hour to meet Willie Randolph. He was really nice and spoke with everyone but it was purely a photo op so no luck. I was lucky to be in the right spot when David Cone was done with an interview. We all waited behind a gate when someone called his name. David signed a photo for a few fans before leaving for his photo stand. Bernie Williams and Darryl Strawberry were also there but they mostly hung out under a tent signing Steiner Baseballs before doing photo sessions. The lines for photos were long so I decided to head out. I was happy to add two autos to my collection but I was bummed that they had guys who might not be allowed to sign because of Steiner agreements come to one of these events. Last year, I was able to meet and have signatures from multiple players as long as we made the cutoff on the line. Still free autos in New York are always appreciated!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Very cool