DAY 5

START TIME: 9 am Eastern
STARTING CITY: Macedonia, OH
STOPPING POINT: Eastlake, OH, and Macedonia, OH
STATES VISITED: Ohio
MILES DRIVEN TODAY: 53
MILES DRIVEN TOTAL: 1,648

Usually I like rain. And then it affects graphing.

We took off under cloudy skies to head up to the Great Lakes vs. Lake County game. We stayed dry early-- inside the ballpark I got Juan Hillman on six cards, pitching coach Joe Torres on four, Oscar Gonzalez, Jose Vicente, and Tyler Friis each on one, three from Jonathan Laureano, and two from Francisco Perez.

And then the rains came. The game did finish just fine, but it was just enough to make us not want to go for anyone postgame. And since the weather looked questionable for the afternoon and evening, we figured it was a good day to cancel the trip out to Toledo.

So, our first double will be delayed until we hit Iowa next week. On the positive side, the rest was much-needed.

DAY 6

START TIME: 12 noon Eastern
STARTING CITY: Macedonia, OH
STOPPING POINT: Brookpark, OH, and Macedonia, OH
STATES VISITED: Ohio
MILES DRIVEN TODAY: 58
MILES DRIVEN TOTAL: 1,706

Despite having to scramble a bit when I realized that my computer clock is still in Central time, we got to the National on time and got all the signers. We went for Luis Tiant first since his line was a mile long. Mike Hargrove came second, Calvin Murphy third. Then the regularly scheduled signers of Eric Metcalf and Ickey Woods did their thing, and all was good.

Pretty simple really. Short entries for short days. But be prepared: it all hits the fan with a full day of the National and a return to 'graphing in Akron.

More...