Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Scott's Post-Nationals Thoughts and Notes (Long Post - Please Read)

Members -

This has been a great week in Cleveland. It was nice to have to not worry about my day job and just focus on the hobby, getting feedback, listening to discussions and reflecting. I first need to thank several people

1st - Becky and Olivia - They are really wonderful to me, to basically come to Cleveland (and now Cincinnati - work for the week) and let me go to a Sport Card Show. While they will not read this, I thank them for putting up with me. I do have a fan of Encarnacion's Home Run trot in the house

image1.jpeg

Next - Thanks to @markshew for driving me back and forth from the hotel to the show, along with @doniceage, @lil5up3rman. I am glad I had my own room

Don has been instrumental in working with you members that want to setup and help provide a spot for them to be at the Nationals. Thanks to @PatsFanVT and @JFried1029 for setting up with us, @michigandan for providing Becky ideas on waterparks in Ohio and hanging out with us (even though he's a Tiger fan) and to Brent and Dusty from @packrip.com for hanging out with me.

I do have Notes that I want to share

1) Working with Freedom Card Board and other groups on a more collaborative basis. I know that in the past the leaders of the boards have seen themselves a separate entities, but at the end of the day, we are really part of the much larger community (this really does extend to WELL run Facebook groups - there are plenty that are havens for shenanigans). Now specifically on FCB, @cgilmo78 and I discuss the past relationship (some of this I did not fully know about) and started the process of working on a more collaborative basis. We did have an initial discussion of a joint booth at future Nationals and something that we will be discussing. I am looking forward to building a strong relationship, because at the end of the day, we are all apart of one larger community.

In addition, FCB is helping to maintain sportscardscammers.info.

2) eBay and PWCC have collaborated to provide a Database that has eBay sales going back to 2004. It is available at https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/

This does require a login at PWCC. I did get permission to use this in conjunction with the Inventory Manager as a link to the login page. I do need to work with @CoolHandLuke to see how/if this can be done - but another resource that you as a collector can use. Speaking of resources...

2a) If you know about a show, PLEASE enter this into the SCF Card Show Calendar

https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/show/calendar/ (Calendar)
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/show/add (Adding a Show to the Database) - You will have to enter an entry for Each Day of the Show

At the end of the day, I do want SCF to be a resource for the hobby. This is something that I think will continue to grow as time goes on.

3) What I am going to do with these bad boys

IMG_1139.jpg

This were my personal replacements from Panini for 4+ month redemptions. I have NOT opened them and I am debating if I want to use these for SCF prizes, auctions or keep them for my personal collection (trading purposes). More to come on these

I am a bit behind on reading PM's - bear with me on this.

Thanks for reading
    Scott

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great hanging out with everybody this week! @scottkoz20 don't forget to take Miss Olivia to King's Island!

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Sounds like SCF had a great presence at Nationals

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Sounds like SCF had a great presence at Nationals

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Great to see you and your family have a great time in Cleveland. Nice to see SCF make their presence felt as well.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

All sounds good... But can i point out that the Encarnation trot was sooooo 2016?

Sent from my LG-H915 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC(124)
    Country
    See rusty371's Items on eBay

Next time the show is in Cleveland I will definitely get the week long pass and spend some time hanging out. lol This was my first National and it was a blast and overwhelming at the same time!

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Good times with good people, I had a blast at my first national. Daniel

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Detroit Tigers Michigan Wolverines

It is great to hear that the trip was a success in so many ways, and I look forward to SCF’s future growth, and development as result of contacts, and relationships within the hobby itself.

-Robert

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

@scottkoz20- Scott- I found that item I want to send you that we discussed at the National. Please PM me your address. Thanks.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast