Thread: Back with a heavy heart

Back with a heavy heart

My name is Chris but the football collecting community knows me as Chalkitup21 or Chalk. I've been a member of the forums for 7 years but have been away for about 3. I used to be a moderator and an avid trader, collecting since I990. About 2 years ago we have what they called a "thousand year flood". Almost the entire small town I lived in flooded with many of us losing almost everything we owned. My house got 4 and a half feet of water and I lost 50% of my sports memorabilia and about 95% of my card collection. My Malcolm Jenkins collection which I am in the Super Collector HOF for is gone aside from a handful of cards. Collections I had built since a kid were completely wiped out including collections I was building for my kids. I did however manage to escape with my Cameron Jordan collection fully intact and even though I am just getting back into the forums, I had already been adding more to it. I plan on submitting my Cameron Jordan collection for Super Collector status soon and I look forward to meeting new people and enjoying the hobby I have for so many years.

~Chalk
    Last edited by ChalkItUp21; 08-12-2018 at 02:37 PM.
    Supercollecting - Cameron Jordan of the New Orleans Saints
    Ones I need >>> Hidden Content

2. Kronozio
    Chalk- Welcome back to SCF. I am sorry to hear about the misfortunes you and your neighbors suffered. I wish I had some Jenkins cards or Jordan cards you could use, but I just checked and I have nothing of either player.
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

Welcome back and so sorry to hear of the flood we had some recent flooding and a guy I know lost 45 years of Topps employee sets
    Hidden Content

Please bare with me sometimes my work schedule changes in a matter of minutes.Trade list is currently a work in progress if you don't see anything please ask.

Chalk, welcome to the forums once again. So sorry to hear about the flood and what you lost. That is heavy stuff indeed. All the best with your collections moving forward.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Welcome back Chalk and it is hard to start over but I am glad you are back at it bro!
    Football: Emmitt Smith, Saquon Barkley, Jay Ajayi and Marcus Mariota!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles, newer Yankees and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content