Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See redwingsfan11's Items on eBay

Thumbs up Found a Golden Treasure with the help of eBay %15

Hi everyone!

Today i received a card that will be the backbone of my player collection, and dare I say, my entire collection???

But of course, before we get there. Now would be a great time to show some other pickups since my last S&T. I will try to keep it short this time.

One thing I will mention is that since my last S&T, I met a few great collectors with whom I have had some great conversations with. That is a major reason why I love the hobby and collecting in general, it helps you meet people with similar interests and passions.

Henrik Zetterberg 02/03 BAP Memorabilia Emerald Rookie /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Henrik Zetterberg 02/03 BAP Memorabilia Rookie The National Atlantic City /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Jersey Numbered 9/99
    Filip Forsberg 13/14 Panini National Treasures Rookie Treasures Patch Auto 9/99 [BGS 9} by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Love international cards. Not many Ak-Bars Kovy pictured stuff. Great card stock, but in person the image they used is so pixelated lol.
    Ilya Kovalchuk 2004 OFC Omks Fan Club Team Issue /30 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Awesome Kopitar, from the home of one of the great Kopitar collections
    Anze Kopitar 06/07 UD Sweet Spot Signature Shots Stick Signings Auto /25 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Awesome Emerald RPA /5.
    Mika Zibanejad 11/12 Panini Dominion Rookie Patch Auto Emerald /5 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Actually a nice gloss and cut to the card. Just not the most inspired design.
    Mika Zibanejad 11/12 Panini Titanium Rookie Patch Auto /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Always love myself some tribute. 06/07 reminds me of Kopitar's rookies
    Anthony Mantha 16/17 UD Ultimate Rookies Patch Auto [06/07 Tribute] /25 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Jersey Numbered 13/35 for my miniscule Hischier collection
    Nico Hischier 17/18 ITG Used Dynamic Duos Dual Jersey 13/35 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

NOW ONTO THE FINALE. Rewinding back to last summer, I had purchased an Anthony Mantha Golden Treasures 1/1 rookie on COMC and was ecstatic. Shortly thereafter the Sebastian Aho Golden Treasures 1/1 was listed on COMC for $200! Even though I was collecting Aho at the time, and felt that $200 was a perfectly fine price and could afford it. I thought to myself that I had to be responsible and there was not way to justify spending such a good roll of money in such a short period of time. So of course 2 weeks goes by and someone scooped it up. Of course, even though I made the conscious decision to let it go at the time, once it was gone, the irresponsible collector in me instantly regretted that decision lol. Don't ask, its just how my mind works. Even after that, I witnessed both the E-Pack Ultimate Acheivement Shields for Aho and Mantha go for, what was in my opinion, decent prices. But with those two in particular, I just couldn't afford it. So not much I could do there.

Fast forward to two weeks ago, this bad boy below popped up. And it was a BIGGIE! I wasn't going to relive the passing of those big cards that I had mentioned before. So I bared down and sent in two different offers at the time, but to the sellers right, he declined and did so in a communicative and proper manner. So I thought to myself, "I gave it a try, but I just have to let it go". And so I was. But then out of no where, I get wind that eBay was doing a 15% off promotion, and I had to give it one last try. So I sent in one more offer, greater than my last one. But with the savings I didn't pay much more than said previous offer. So he got more money, and I was fortunate to land the card I really wanted.

HERE WE GO!!!!

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD OPC Platinum Golden Treasures Rookie Auto 1/1

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD OPC Platinum Golden Treasures Rookie Auto 1/1 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Sebastian Aho 16/17 UD OPC Platinum Golden Treasures Rookie Auto 1/1 (2) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr
    Last edited by redwingsfan11; 08-11-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    WANT: ROOKIE YEAR & JERSEY NUMBERED cards of Aho + Zetterberg + Kovalchuk + Datsyuk + Kopitar + Nash + Spezza + Zibanejad + F. Forsberg + Teravainen + Barkov + Huberdeau + Mantha + MORE

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Nice pickups Sick Aho 1/1 looks great in your collection!

SCF Rewards
    Country

@Flyers67 thank you very much!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for sharing. Nice stuff and I love that Kopitar. Always nice to meet other great collectors.

DON

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great looking pieces for your collection. That Aho Golden Treasures 1/1 auto is a staple for your Aho collection by far. Just incredible! How will you ever top that beauty?
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

@doniceage Thank you Don =) I'm glad you enjoyed
    @creasecollector Thank you too! Aside from the unrealistic chance at owning the cup shield or CUP black 1/1, there is definitely no way I can top it for my Aho collection. Only if those cards changes hands 10 years from now lol.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Nice Zetterberg Emerald!
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

@doniceage Thank you Don =) I'm glad you enjoyed
    @creasecollector Thank you too! Aside from the unrealistic chance at owning the cup shield or CUP black 1/1, there is definitely no way I can top it for my Aho collection. Only if those cards changes hands 10 years from now lol.

You just never know man. Anything can happen! Sometimes it can take years to track down some rookie year 1/1's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@odjickfan Thank you =)
    @creasecollector most definitely, if there is a lesson this hobby wants me to learn is that patience is key.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Sports Card Forum mobile app