Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Hi guys

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi guys

What's up everyone? I'm returning to the hobby after about a decade away. A fellow poster on Reddit directed me here. I'm a big fan of the Phillies and Pat Neshek, and when he tweeted about how he'd sign a card for anyone who bought his card from the Living Set (I'd never heard of it before), I decided to get back into collecting. I've been very active over the last week (bought about $185 worth of cards), and, while my wallet hates me, the excitement of ripping open a new pack is unreal. It brings back so much nostalgia.

If I may ask a question: I was going to send in Living Set cards to Neshek and Rhys Hoskins (and Rhys's card cost me a very pretty penny on EBay lol) to sign. I know Neshek will sign it, but is it customary to send money or a donation along with the cards? I wrote out very nice letters to both of the guys that I'm planning on sending in, too. They're legitimately my two favorite current Phillies. I wanted to convey that I'm just a big fan, not someone looking to flip cards. I was also afraid I might come off as greedy if I sent in multiple cards to Rhys (I wanted to send in my Living Set card, and also get 3-4 cheaper ones to send in for my nephews. My one nephew shares a name with Rhys, and because of that, he's the favorite player of my two older nephews as well). If I sent in more than one card to Rhys, I'd definitely send a donation or something of some sort. How much would be considered appropriate? Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice.

And as for what I like to collect: as I already stated, I'm focusing on the Living Set. That's going to be the main set I want to keep up on (since I can't complete it, obviously). I'll collect any Phillies, and my favorite players, among who are Thome, Halladay, Hamels, Carlos Ruiz, Utley, Hoskins, and Neshek. And then I'll just buy random packs/boxes of whatever my moods going for at that moment (right now, I'm a fan of Allen and Ginter and Topps Chrome).

I'm excited to be back in the hobby and to have found this forum. Best wishes and good luck with your collections, everyone.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Cool story to see how you got the fever again to collecting cards. I have no done any ttm that need donations but I would think $10 would be a fair amount. Have you seen any mention of a dollar amount anywhere? I ask this as some do send such and such amount. Hope you enjoy the site. Any questions feel free to ask as the members are more than willing to help you out.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I hadn't seen anything about a dollar amount, but I'll keep looking.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Welcome Back

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

jafay-10- Welcome to SCF!
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very glad to be back. Thank you!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF and welcome back to hobby!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome to SCF Jacob, enjoy yourself here and welcome back to the hobby! Have fun adding to your Phillies collection and I hope Neshek and Hoskins sign for you.