Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Game Used cards question

Does anyone else on this site collect game used cards? If so LMK who you collect and who you have for trade.

Also is there is any interest would it be worth while asking a moderator on this site to set up a seperate category for just game used cards.

Looking forward to your input

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Pretty sure lots of people still collect GU, and speaking as the lead moderator, no we definitely don't need a separate category for people to trade memorabilia cards. We do that, we'll need one for RC and autographs....not a good use of resources.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pretty sure lots of people still collect GU, and speaking as the lead moderator, no we definitely don't need a separate category for people to trade memorabilia cards. We do that, we'll need one for RC and autographs....not a good use of resources.

Now that you think of it you are right.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not a big fan, because a lot of the "game used" cards really weren't "game used".. A player will throw a jersey on, play a period and toss it to the manufacturer representative.... And sometimes these players just put the jersey on for 2 seconds, take it off and hand it to the representative..

You can buy legitimate game used jerseys for $200-500, sure you may not get a star players jersey at that price but you can get some decent players jerseys a lot less than some may think... I would much rather have a real game used jersey than a jersey card.... Seriously, for the price of some of these Connor McDavid relics you could probably get an actual Connor McDavid game used jersey (or most players for that matter).. I've seen some of those relic autos /5 or /10 go for like $15,000 +.... Don't get me wrong, I love hockey cards but I would never pay $15,000 for a modern card..

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

A ton of people still collect Game Used cards, yes. Still a big part of the hobby.

I have some GU cards in my Traders Flickr album, linked in my signature.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

A ton of people still collect Game Used cards, yes. Still a big part of the hobby.

I have some GU cards in my Traders Flickr album, linked in my signature.

This project of game used miller cards is one of my big PC projectsScreenshot_20180802-194818_Gallery.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Sports Card Forum mobile app