Thread: Need some opinions

Need some opinions

I recently began doing TTM very steady and I just have a question. Over the past 8 months I have had snap shots of our mail delivered for the day and numerous times the TTM envelope does not show up ,also on several occasions the envelope has been open and say I send four cards three came back or three cards and two come back while the envelope is open or barely resealed. We live be in a very rural area so delivery is the same time almost every day which the mail only sits in our box a few minutes. Out of my 40 so returns only a handful has been untouched. I have addressed my concerns to our local postmaster and he said he would keep an eye on it. Which I go about a month and everything is perfect then the cycle starts all over again. What would some suggestions be. I have lived in several states and never had this issue. Please let me know your thoughts as of this past Friday 4 TTM envelopes were to arrive and none arrived.
    Hidden Content

Please bare with me sometimes my work schedule changes in a matter of minutes.Trade list is currently a work in progress if you don't see anything please ask.

That happened to me once.
    Gaylord Perry.
    Included the donation.
    The self-sealing strip wasn't pulled. All I got back was an open, cancelled return envelope. Have to assume the ?signed? card, penny sleeve it was in -- and the paper-cardboard sleeve all that was in is somewhere in the US Mail system. Maybe.
    So - I wrote another letter explaining what happened. Thanking Mr. Perry for his patience.
    And the card came back with just the penny sleeve signed.
    So - sent that back with a note explaining what happened. Modified the paper-cardboard sleeve to integrate the penny sleeve! This time, thanking Mr. Perry effusively for his patience.
    Got my card returned. It wasn't signed.
    No signed Gaylord. Nice card too.
    This stuff happens.
    Looks like I'll have to purchase a signed card.

Then there are my Jim Palmer and Juan Marichal requests.
    Did everything correctly.
    The Juan Marichal request was alright. Simple, but cool.
    There are requests after mine that people got their cards back signed.
    And I'm scratching my head -- what happened??

I have a bunch of open requests I've sent. All with SASE.
    I'm sure some will never come back to my mailbox.

I don't think it's where you live or some nefarious individuals screwing with your mail.
    Probably, just the nature of TTM.
    looking for game lineup card (signed by AJ Hinch), Houston Astros at Atlanta Braves, SunTrust Park, July 04, 2017
    lost an Auction for it - hoping to come across it for sale again some day.

What do you mean by snap shots?
    Buying Quincy Carter GUs and Autos

we get scans of every piece of mail to be delivered that day from usps prior to delivery
    Hidden Content

Please bare with me sometimes my work schedule changes in a matter of minutes.Trade list is currently a work in progress if you don't see anything please ask.

Informed Delivery by the United States Post Offices (USPS). You can sign up for it for free at usps.com. It provides a photograph of each letter sized piece of mail that will be delivered.

Wicked. I just signed up for it. Thanks for the info.
    Buying Quincy Carter GUs and Autos

thst happened to me. sometimes things are not sealed well and you get an empty envelope.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Sports Card Forum mobile app
    my for trade and for sale site can be seen here: Hidden Content
    My for sale on eBay: Hidden Content
    on packrip: Hidden Content

I had a return come back unsealed, and cards ended up falling out. Now I put the player's initials on the back of the envelope so I can trace everything back in my TTM spreadsheet.
    My TTM thread: Hidden Content
    My IP thread: Hidden Content
    My IP photos: Hidden Content