Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I store mine differently than anyone I've met, but it works for me. Most people say the toploaders fly out when turning pages but I use big team bags for most cards so they stay pretty good. You do have to be careful but I find I look at my cards WAY more when they're in binders than when they're in boxes.

That's pretty cool man, do you buy 4 pocket pages manufactured for photographs?

I should really look into that, because I have all these nice cards and I enjoy looking at them but they're in boxes presently .. Of course then you have to pull the box out and flip though them... I don't like to keep anything high end in binders unless it's set, and even then I buy those binders that have that inside pocket, so I can (usually) stick the key cards of the set in those pockets. But your display looks really nice..

So yea, I'm going to look into buying a bulk lot of those pages..

I'm really at a point where I want to have a nice display for my cards, and I'm also looking into buying some uncut sheets and other hockey related or sports card related memorabilia that I can get framed up and displayed, such as historical photo's, and autographed photo's and autographed vintage cards (just won a 9 card lot of autographed Flyers from the 70's & 80's, so those will be a start ... I do have an extra bedroom in my house that is more of a "storage room" at this point that I would love to turn into the ultimate sports cards/sports memorabilia "man cave" if you will -- in due time -- and I'm sure I can make it happen if I'm dedicated to it..I also collect slot machines too (especially sports related or movie related slot machines) which I think would look nice in the room too...And I got a few neon beer lights, so I have the potential to have a really cool room/bar/man cave dedicated to sports, my collection and the hobby in general.. It's about 12 feet x 18 feet.... It will take some time but I think I could have it done between Halloween and (US) Thanksgiving .
    Last edited by Savard18; 08-30-2018 at 01:13 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I store mine differently than anyone I've met, but it works for me. Most people say the toploaders fly out when turning pages but I use big team bags for most cards so they stay pretty good. You do have to be careful but I find I look at my cards WAY more when they're in binders than when they're in boxes.

That's pretty cool man, do you buy 4 pocket pages manufactured for photographs?

I should really look into that, because I have all these nice cards and I enjoy looking at them but they're in boxes presently .. Of course then you have to pull the box out and flip though them... I don't like to keep anything high end in binders unless it's set, and even then I buy those binders that have that inside pocket, so I can (usually) stick the key cards of the set in those pockets. But your display looks really nice..

So yea, I'm going to look into buying a bulk lot of those pages..

I'm really at a point where I want to have a nice display for my cards, and I'm also looking into buying some uncut sheets and other hockey related or sports card related memorabilia that I can get framed up and displayed, such as historical photo's, and autographed photo's and autographed vintage cards (just won a 9 card lot of autographed Flyers from the 70's & 80's, so those will be a start ... I do have an extra bedroom in my house that is more of a "storage room" that I would love to turn into the ultimate sports cards/sports "man cave" if you will -- in due time -- I'm sure that will happen, with a little time and dedication..I also collect slot machines too (especially sports related or movie related slot machines) which I think would look nice in the room too...And I got a few neon beer lights, so I have the potential to have a really cool room/bar/man cave dedicated to sports,my collection and the hobby in general.. The room is about 12 feet x 18 feet.... It will take some time but I think I could have it done between Halloween and (US) Thanksgiving .

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Seattle Seahawks Toronto Blue Jays
    See watchtrader_ca's Items on eBay

I just buy the 4 pocket Ultra Pro Platinum pages. They come in 100 packs for about $30CAD or so I think. Just need a really solid binder so I use those plastic ones.

SCF Rewards
    Country

3200 Count Box - Luongo PC, everything in top loader or one touches ( takes 3 full rows - in my card storage thingy behind my desk )

1600 Count Box #1 - Things on ebay ( sits under my computer monitor for easy access )

1600 Count Box #2 - Summer "investments" ( sits beside my monitor )

1600 Count Box #3 - Misc. stuff I am more reluctant to move / things ive yet to list on ebay or forums ( under the "investment" box )

1600 Count Box #4 - Pokemon PSA / cards that are gradable / Higher end sets ( 1st Ed. Base / Shadowless Base / NM-MT Shinings ) Pokemon specifics supplies ( inside the card storage locker )

1600 Count Box #5 - Mrazek collection ( inside the card storage locker )

Pokemon WOTC sets - in nice side loaded binders, all sleeved ( all inside storage locker )

I also have a wall display that can hold 35 - 40 cards that I switch out from time to time
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See https://www.ebay.com/usr/nine_pockets's Items on eBay Instagram:

... And IMO, indeed the price of "shoe boxes" is totally insane like one poster pointed out.. They used to be a couple of bucks for a 5,000 ct, now they're like $7 on ebay, cant imagine what they cost at the card shops

Tell me about it. When I got back into collecting a couple of years ago, I couldn't believe how expensive the boxes had become. Then I found a bunch of different-sized boxes from my childhood collecting days, and it was like I struck gold.
    Last edited by Thick McRunfast; 08-30-2018 at 05:42 AM.
    My trading card blog: Hidden Content

My merch store: Hidden Content

My custom card store on eBay: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Depends on what the cards are... I've got a few ways:

Sets: They're in binders.

Bill Ranford collection: Base, and most inserts & parallels are in a binder. Autographs, GU, high end inserts or paralls are in a mix of top loaders & one touches - All inside what I think is called a "Super Monster Box" (5 rows, considered a 5k count box). All of my slabbed cards are upright in a "Shoe Box" (2 rows, considered 1600 count box) with some one-touches too. I'm almost out of room in those two though - I'm going to need to add to it soon.

Oilers collection: I've got a RC / Auto / GU (when available) of nearly every Oiler of all time. Each card is in a top loader or one touch, and the collection spans 3 4-row monster boxes (I think 3200 count each). There are a couple of slabbed cards in this collection, and a couple of dozen in oversized top loaders (mostly tall boys). They're stored separately. Almost time for a new box for these too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think we all do things somewhat simliar.

I store sets in binders so I can flip through on occasion and reminisce. Sets such as OPC 70's/80's and Upper Deck 90's/00's/10's.

RCs get top loaded/mag touch and stored alphabetically in 3200 CT boxes, several. The last one is usually open to add, so sometimes I have to go to Box 1 and move some to Box 2, to Box 3, etc to make room.

Inserts get top loaded/mag touch and stored by year, by brand in 3200 CT boxes, several there as well. Usually the older years don't get added to so minimal movement.

Parallels get soft sleeved/top loaded/mag touch and stored by year, by brand in 3200 CT boxes, a few of them. Same deal, older doesn't grow much so minimal movement.

PC goes in to 3200 CT as well.

Autos get bindered, couple on the go. Autos usually want to go through them more frequently. They are sorted by year by brand.

I do 1600 CT some premium cards, the high end auto/patch/short print, which I like to go through more frequently as well.

Lastly, there are a couple 3200 CT for older sets not in binders, and higher end cards that are not sets but keeping the better names. I do number the boxes and label them, so I know what is in each to avoid pulling out endlessly to see what is inside!

My card protection goes like this, low value, common parallel/insert get soft sleeved, mid-range cards - inserts/parallels/patch/jersey get top loaded, and high end cards get mag touch and sleeved.

Oh yeah, nothing on display, not a single item, you wouldn't know I collect anything! Call it crazy, but teenage kids and friends coming and going I get a little concerned.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See https://www.ebay.com/usr/nine_pockets's Items on eBay Instagram:

Oh yeah, nothing on display, not a single item, you wouldn't know I collect anything! Call it crazy, but teenage kids and friends coming and going I get a little concerned.

Not crazy at all. I feel the same way about having things like cards and binders out on display, especially if my young niece and nephew are visiting.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've got four boxes for my PC stuff right now.

Box 1 - Carey Price
    Box 2 - Josh Gorges
    Box 3 - Brendan Gallagher / Shea Weber / Jonathan Drouin
    Box 4 - Past Habs / Patrick Roy / Jean Beliveau / Maurice Richard / Other

Everything is sorted chronologically for each player.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I appreciate all the input from you guys.. Seems like we all have our own methods.

I'm just accumulating cards so quick.... I've only been back to collecting for a year now and I'm on my way to 50,000 cards shortly.... I stopped collecting from about 1997-98 until last summer 2017, so I missed nearly 2 decades of collecting...

Yea, last summer I was at the store, saw a fat pack of 2016-17 Upper Deck, somehow got the urge to buy it for nostalgic reasons, pulled a William Nylander Young Guns, looked it up on ebay and was pleasantly surprised with what it was selling for ($20-25), so I decided to buy a blaster box, ended up pulling the Auston Matthews "jumbo" card, and a whole bunch of other cards I thought were awesome - and I was getting bang for my buck, and of course a few boxes later I pulled my first Auston Matthews Young Gun (pulled three more since then, the last one about 2 weeks ago) and then I caught the collecting bug and the love of the hobby I had when I was younger.... And I was a pretty big collector between the ages of 12-18, did card shows every weekend - I worked at a card shop throughout high school and locally I was well known on the card scene - I would have certainly considered myself a "card dealer" at 15 years old - by that point I was buying wholesale (my dad had a tax # so I could buy direct) - not only that but I would buy, sell & trade unopened material with other dealers so... I was really into vintage back then tho (pre-1980).... Ah, it's a long story - perhaps when I have more time and energy I will write the whole story up and post it - because it's pretty amazing how a kid (me) was the "go to guy" in the hobby locally for any and all cards..

At any rate, I like a lot of your guys methods.... And IMO, indeed the price of "shoe boxes" is totally insane like one poster pointed out.. They used to be a couple of bucks for a 5,000 ct, now they're like $7 on ebay, cant imagine what they cost at the card shops (if there are any anymore, there is one like 20 miles from me, lol) rather use ebay tho (it's the biggest card show on the planet, and I can buy whatever cards I want in my underwear at 3am eating a pizza, lol)... So yea, I think I'm going to start making my own boxes... I just need a paper cutter, and perhaps a perforater (or something to make nice even bends, and can probably buy both for less than the cost of a shoe box, lol).....

my lcs gives free boxes if you buy cards very nice guy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast