http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-win-5-1.html

Major League Baseball's trade deadline has passed, but Cincinnati Reds first baseman Joey Votto still managed to finalize a deal during Monday's loss in Pittsburgh by flipping his own jersey for a fan's 'Votto for President' T-shirt.

The six-time All-Star and former MVP noticed the shirt being worn along the first base line on Monday, and since he didn't own a version of the Nike-made collector's item from 2012, Votto poked his head out from the dugout and started negotiating with a fan whom the Reds' Twitter account identified as 'Kyle.'

In the middle of the fourth inning, Votto walked over to the fan and asked for the shirt, offering an autographed jersey in return. The man agreed and the suddenly bare-chested fan and Votto exchanged first bumps along with Labor Day gifts.

'I was trying to find (the T-shirt) for a while and I was excited to see if I could trade a jersey for a shirt and he obliged,' Votto said.

'He was willing to take his shirt off in the middle of the stands and thanks to him for being willing to do that,' he said.

Of course, the problem with the premise for the shirt is that Votto is a native of Toronto, Canada, which means he cannot become president. So instead of announcing his intention to run in 2020, Votto's personalized autograph to Kyle simply read: 'More like Prime Minister!'

Votto got the shirt, but wound up with little else, shut down by Trevor Williams and the Pittsburgh Pirates 5-1.