Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

We Have a Trade to Announce...Max Pacioretty to...

IMG_8979.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Wow - that’s actually a decent return for him. Now if the habs can find someone to take Tatar ....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays
    See pieytremblay's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

yep. Nick Suzuki is a very interesting prospect i think.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

All things considered, I think they did pretty well. No way you would have taken that package for him, this time last year.... but 1 year left, Habs have painted themselves into a corner with him, and coming off a (realtivly) disappointing 17-goal season - MTL did okay here, I think.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Vegas was fleeced when they gave up a 1st, 2nd & 3rd round pick to Detroit. They hardly used him in the Playoff Run only 8 games.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Vegas was fleeced when they gave up a 1st, 2nd & 3rd round pick to Detroit. They hardly used him in the Playoff Run only 8 games.

thats because George McPhee is really not a great GM (he got lucky with the players he selected in the Expansion draft and make some nice moves there)

Exhibit 1 - Caps send Filip Forsberg to NSH for Martin Erat, one for one!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The more I read from rational people online (i.e. not the anti-Bergevin Habs population blowing up my Twitter mentions - thanks BarDown for posting me and to Twitter for including me in the "Moment") the more I'm pretty at peace with the deal and the return.

Nick Suzuki is the key to all of this for Montreal. He's only 19, and he finished 4th in OHL scoring last year with 100 points. Now, there's a lot of great junior stars out there who don't materialize at the NHL level. But this kid has a lot of talent and skill. Plus he's able to play in a very rough division without taking a lot of penalties--he finished with only 10 PIM last year. He models his game after Patrice Bergeron...and while I rarely have much nice to say about the Bruins, that's not a bad guy to model your game after if you ask me. He projects as a top-six two-way centre at the NHL level. If that comes to be and he becomes an 8-year or more asset for the Montreal Canadiens at the centre position, HUGE win for the team right there.

Tatar has some question marks after limited success in Vegas, sure. But, and this is the nature of making trades and thus comparisons, Max Pacioretty is coming off a 17-goal season following a hugely disappointing 16-17 playoffs where he essentially disappeared and probably had a major role in why the Habs lost to the Rangers after scoring only 11 goals in six games. So both of them need to prove something, IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is a good long term deal for the habs.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

That didn't take long..............4 yrs $28 million

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

this is a terrible deal for my team.............the Owen Sound Attack. There was almost no way Suzuki was cracking the Vegas roster, but the odds have certainly now increased of not returning. Hopefully the clowns in Montreal can see the best spot for him is another year of JR, as well as a top role with team canada at the world JR's.

Having seen every home game of Nick's the past 3 seasons I can tell you he is a special person, and an extreme talent. I see this as a huge win for Montreal.
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast