Thread: An ungraded PC

An ungraded PC

I still think of myself as a newbie at this but I've taken a Don Buford PC of all PSA graded cards as far as I care to. This time I'm going to PC's of Jorge Orta and Ralph Garr ,players I loved as a child.However this time all the cards will be ungraded,I've come to the conclusion that no one is counterfeiting these cards and there is no financial reason to buy graded cards of player of this level . I will be putting them in nice cases simply because I prefer them that way. Is my thinking on solid ground with PC' s of this type . Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Sports Card Forum mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    Yeah good call because unless you are rich putting the cards in good protective holders is going to be a lot cheaper than getting everything graded
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I'm mostly anti-grading, I have only about 5-6 cards graded and only bought them because they were cheaper than the market price for ungraded. I understand grading to affirm authenticity of four figure cards. I wouldn't buy a Rose Rookie ungraded for example. I just don't get grading $2 cards to try to get a 10 and sell them for $50. I just find it a waste of money that I could be using buying more cards.

I will say PSA has added a lot to the knowledge base of the hobby. Looking at their databases and SMR reveals some interesting information about scarcities and condition problems with certain vintage cards. These were always "known" among advanced collectors and vintage dealers, PSA puts the information out for everyone.

I personally think the whole grading cards thing is silly unless the card is worth a small fortune. I have a few PCs and to me its easier and cheaper to just put them in hard cases or books. Just remember that its your collection, so do what you want to with it.
    Collecting Topps Brewers, and PCs of Jonathan Lucroy, Paul Molitor, Robin Yount, and Ken Griffey Jr. Have a want list that's titled "My want Topps".

Do what makes you happy with them. I've been submitting small batches of my Ozzie PC to GMA. I don't care what the grade is but I love their slabs and at $3 a card it's not much more expensive than a magnetic.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, and Jeff Bagwell.
    Hidden Content - My collection website with galleries, need lists, and trade lists.
    Needs List:
    Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content