Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Blank card

SCF Rewards
    Country

Blank card

Has anyone ever had a blank think card in there packs? I opened a 18 Certified football and had a blank in the middle of the pack.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New Jersey Devils
    See bcool022's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

It's called a decoy, to try to stop people from feeling the packs looking for autographs and jersey cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Yeah, these have been around for years now.

I rarely even buy packs of boxes anymore (since 2015) and I still have hundreds of them. They came in pretty much everything. Certainly every retail product, and if memory serves right, even a lot of hobby stuff had those, to supposedly thwart pack searchers at hobby shops.

Although my hobby shop dealer does not allow searching. Even fingering thru is frowned upon. I used to go straight for the bottom packs of a box, but he never really liked that. More of an "off the top" kind of guy. lol Playoff always put half the hits in the box first when packing them out. One of those two bottom packs always had a hit.

But a thick pack is no guarantee of a hit.

Use em for dividers. I store most common cards in big four row boxes (get em at the LCS), and use the fat white decoys as set dividers. I actually kinda like the white ones. Easier to see the divide than the UD ones that were/are cardboard with printing all over them.

Thin ones usually have an anti theft sticker on them. Those go in the trash.

There should still be the stated number of actual cards in the pack. It's just an added decoy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok makes sense. I usually just grab a handful of packs of the shelf and go. This is the first time I had one of these. Thanks for the input.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baltravens52's Items on eBay

Its to thwart pack searchers. I once went into a Target to get cards, and there was a grown man sitting cross-legged on the floor feeling through all of the packs. I kinda made a scene berating the guy and the manager came over and I asked him if he was going to just let him sit there and feel through all those packs. He said he couldn't do anything so I said I can't shop here if I know this ™™™™™™™ has gone through all the pack and taken out any with a chance of something good. The whole time the guy never stopped searching through the packs.