Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameis1of1 View Post
    However, since this is a Fitzpatrick thread ... make it 2 weeks in a row for "The Amish Rifle" ... give that man the NFC Player of the Week again ... the dude is hitting Linsanity levels ... awesome!
    What if he puts up another crazy 400 yard, 3-4 TD game? Is there a QB controversy on the horizon? Do you ride out the hot streak then put Winston back in? Or is Winston 100% sure fire no matter what?

  2. #12
    I don't know what the Bucs will do but if I'm Winston I'd be super upset about the the NFL suspension since it could have been him putting up these stats with this team but now we will never know. Either way I think Fitzpatrick has earned a starting job in the NFL on some team next year because he is playing better than somebody like Sam Bradford who keeps getting chances to start everywhere for some unknown reason.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  3. #13
    Look I love Fitzpatrick and always root for him(I can hear Chris Berman saying Ryan Fitzpatrick from HAAARRVARD!) but he always does this. Start off the year hot, knocking off Brady or Rodgers or someone else he has no business outplaying, then a couple more games and he throws 6+ interceptions... for several games not just one. If the Bucs are smart they give the ball back to Winston when he returns.
    I collect Ray Lewis primarily. I also collect Roger Stauback, Drew Pearson and Kellen Winslow Sr. and Sean Lee.
    Master Set wantlist Hidden Content

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jplcom View Post
    What if he puts up another crazy 400 yard, 3-4 TD game? Is there a QB controversy on the horizon? Do you ride out the hot streak then put Winston back in? Or is Winston 100% sure fire no matter what?
    There's no "controversy" as far as the Bucs coaches are concerned, as Jameis is their guy and the guy they want leading their team for the next decade … BUT … they're also not insane and probably not about to bench Fitzmagic when he's playing like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady on steroids! I think Fitz will get the start against the Bears as Jameis will only have like 3 days to even practice with the team before that game and will not have played a game for 37 days … but, by the time their next game rolls around against the Falcons, Jameis may be starting … we'll see what happens; it's a fun "problem" for the Bucs coaching staff to have for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensray52 View Post
    Look I love Fitzpatrick and always root for him(I can hear Chris Berman saying Ryan Fitzpatrick from HAAARRVARD!) but he always does this. Start off the year hot, knocking off Brady or Rodgers or someone else he has no business outplaying, then a couple more games and he throws 6+ interceptions... for several games not just one. If the Bucs are smart they give the ball back to Winston when he returns.
    You're right that Fitz has had super highs and super lows before, and you're right that Jameis is obviously better, but I'd be very surprised to see the team start Jameis his first game back, as he'll only have like 3 days of practice and will likely be rusty not having played for 37 days … I'd look for a start against the Falcons for Jameis.

    Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    I don't know what the Bucs will do but if I'm Winston I'd be super upset about the the NFL suspension since it could have been him putting up these stats with this team but now we will never know. Either way I think Fitzpatrick has earned a starting job in the NFL on some team next year because he is playing better than somebody like Sam Bradford who keeps getting chances to start everywhere for some unknown reason.
    Well, Jameis has a civil case against the Uber driver in the works … I imagine it gets settled out of court, but I'd like to see it go to trial as I think he'd win, since there is still ZERO proof he actually did what he was accused of, and it can be proven that the driver told four different versions of what happened … if it does go to trial and Jameis wins, he could attempt to sue the pants off of the NFL for wrongfully suspending him … but the NFL would still win that as they can do whatever they want … as for Fitz … he'll be 37 years old in 2 months, so while I could see him getting another contract next year, I'm not so sure it will be as a starter … I think it's more likely he'll become the highest paid back-up on a team like the Titans where he could "compete" for a starting job and probably beat out the current starter (Mariota in the Titans case) ...
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

    We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

  5. #15
    i beieve the uber driver is bringing the case against him. Probably will settle.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
    i beieve the uber driver is bringing the case against him. Probably will settle.
    Indeed … after her attorney specifically said she wasn't in it for the money, low and behold, she's in it for the money … and after her attorney recently revealed her FOURTH version of events (not surprisingly, each revision got worse and worse, so that her initial report that he merely grazed his fingers across the top of her pants, has been completely forgotten by the media), while I'd love to see Jameis countersue her for defamation and then have a jury see her four different versions and realize she either made the whole thing up at worst, or continuously changed her story to make it sound more heinous each time at best, I would imagine his handlers will advise him to just pay her $50k or some small figure to just go away.
    I collect true 1/1 autographed RCs of Jameis Winston with my son Hidden Content

    We champions ... through everything that we went through, through all the haters ... we came out victorious. And God did this. I’m so blessed.
    – Jameis Winston, after winning BCS National Championship game

  7. #17
    I cant wait to see what Fitzmagik puts up vs The steelers trash D this year. I almost convinced myself to buy tickets to the monday night game.
    Check out my Collection!
    Hidden Content
    if the offer is right I will deal anything
    I am a collector of the New York JetsHidden Content

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Forest View Post
    I cant wait to see what Fitzmagik puts up vs The steelers trash D this year. I almost convinced myself to buy tickets to the monday night game.
    It amazes me their defense is such trash with Watt. I mean how bad would it be without him?
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About SCF

    Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

    SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

Follow SCF on