Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See Gebernier's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My Jonathan Marchessault PC

I'll intro this by saying I was hesitant over the last couple weeks to showcase my PC. Did it first on Hobbyinsider. I had the chance to meet incredible breakers and people from the card community over the last couple weeks, and even if I now have to consider a second mortgage if i want to collect some Premier Mega Patch, I believe this community have many genuine members that will help me out over the process. Sharing is caring, they say! I guess showcasing this might help me to raise the awareness of my project :)

Proud to collect the guy who's a personal friend, especially considering the interesting story behind his road to the show. Talent seem to prevail nowadays in the NHL, which is a great news for the sport.

The beginnings

I started to collect this guy back in 2003, with is first pee-wee card. Quebec city is reputed to be the biggest Pee-Wee tournament, and I always felt that the tournament hockey cards were something cool to keep as a memory. Funny fact for these ones, Jon is not reaching yet 5'... listed as 4'11".

Patrick Roy’s bet

Jon did not played Midget AAA because of its size. so he stayed in Midget Espoir…which ended in a crazy season like 100+ points in 35 games. Already for the Q, it was a stretch to think he would ever play…but at the very last round of the draft, the GM of his local town, Patrick Roy, take a bet and pick this young guy. Who would have thought that the 12th round pick would make the team at 16? Not a lot of people. With a great Junior Major career (230+ pts), he was still unable to get noticed by any NHL GM in 2009, which happened in Montreal…instead my own Habs got Louis Leblanc. This will always show me how draft is an outdated process to be reevaluated.

The bus years

After landing a 95-point season for his fourth season, Jon signed a two-way East-Coast AHL deal with the Rangers organisation. Again, the expectations would have been for him to play East Coast. Instead, he finished 1st scorer of the Connecticut Whale, with a participation at the AHL All Star game.

UD Artifacts 12-13 : 1st RC card

Because Jon played 2 games during the 12-13 season, and because Columbus only had so few rookies that year, Artifacts Columbus RC redemption ended up to be Marchessault. Almost feel that it’s been photoshopped with this strange position.

O-Pee-Chee 13-14

Was fun to reconnect with OPC, and loved that they did a retro variation. Plus, felt that I had something pretty uncommon with the blank back version. That was kind of the first SP card of him.

Panini Prizm 13-14

This is by far my favorite rookie set. The rainbow chase was so fun that I started to almost harass Jason from Panini’s HQ to have Marchy’s in more sets. It’s by total luck that I was around when they did their parallel 1/1 blue set. I am still missing two 1/1 to finish the complete rainbow, with the Finite black and the magenta plate. Maybe one day it will appear! I also have no plates for the auto set… I believe it’s because they actually were included in the National Treasure boxes...but there are no track records for plates in this product...which is a shame imo!

Panini Select 13-14

When they first released the checklist, Jon was supposed to get the memorabilia parralels…which was great. But the fact he played only 2 games, my guess is that they never were able to get the hand on a jersey to actually produce the cards. They probably pulled it out last minute, which is why you can see the plates, but real cards don't exist. It's still the closest to a jersey/prime/patch card produced to this day. Missing a lot of plates here, and the black finite, but was lucky enough to grab the gold version.

Panini Dominion 13-14

I always thought Dominion was an amazing product. The card design was flawless since 11-12 and it was again a hope for me to find some fabric in a very high end product… but instead got the RC auto version only. You might recognize a plate just pulled out by an active member here, bought it from him a couple weeks ago! Again, missing the black version and 2 plates.

Score 13-14

These ones came out from UD2, as an update for Score. First set showcasing Jon as a Tampa Bay player.

Panini Titanium 13-14

Titanium always makes me think about great group of boxbreakers, 643boxbreaks. Subterfuge is mostly known for creating the Ninjabreak website. Good folks there, with funny games and a lot around breaks to make it worth for your bucks. Maybe one of (if not THE) toughest non 1/1 card to find… the gold /10 retail subset. C'mon guys... a retail sp /10? You really wanted player collectors to go nuts :)

Panini Crown Royale 13-14

Beautiful cards…and I really hope I’ll find the purple 1/1 one day, as even if only 3 cards…It remembers me the old Pacific Crown Royale from the 90’s.

Fleer Showcase 13-14

Probably the cards I like the less. Fact that there are other players on them kind of turn me off. I’ve seen an amazing patch set recently here, and if only they would have included Jon in that set would have totally changed the game, as the rookie auto patch cards are just amazing, but he was positioned as a prospect!

SP Authentic 13-14

Future Watch is a very nice set, and the plates were made available via The Cup.

Panini Contenders 13-14

I don’t know if it’s because of Tom Brady’s RC auto, but I really like this set. Not numbered, but beautiful card.

UD AHL 14-15 & 15-16

Fortunatly for me, I spend most of 14-15 finding 13-14 stuff… this is the only cards that were produced for the following two years. Suddenly felt my collection would not be as big as I thought considering Tampa didn't gave Jon many opportunities to play. Can’t blame them, as they were uber stacked with talented fowards.

UD 16-17

When Jon became UFA again in July ’16, his only wish was to have an opportunity to play for real. That’s why he was ready to accept a lower salary to make sure he would have a one way deal. 2-year contract with the Panthers, and surprise, surprise, a 30-goal season made him one of the big surprise from last year. No a card perspective, having a first regular UD card was also something nice, as I believe it’s kind of the standard.

Compendium 16-17

E-Pack frenzy, this set was made possible with the help of a couple of collectors including Mauri. I bought myself a box or two, but the chase to get rainbow, red and blue was hard. Would have been way easier to just pay for the cards on ComC.

Fleer Showcase 16-17

Again, not the biggest fan of Fleer… especially because the quality of parallels have dropped IMO in 16-17, plus a red parallel not numbered anymore. Design is sleek, I can give them that.

O-Pee-Chee 17-18

Wait, what? Vegas? Again, amazing news for Jon, as we all knew that with now the opportunity to really have ice time, he could showcase his capacities. His past season helped to make sure he would be back in most traditional sets like OPC, even if he missed the previous year. Again, like a lot the retro set there. I even have an extra blank back in my books.

MVP 17-18

Finally got the gold hobby version after 1 year of patience! Set is done, unless some could find me some plates!

624BD277-6CA3-4A7C-AD3D-D4DC66A83EA1_zps380ssgbu.jpeg

Panini Stickers17-18

Wanted to put them here… as it’s officially the first Vegas sketch we have seen!

Parkhurst 17-18

That might be even worst than Fleer… I never collected Parkhurst as a kid except for a couple of Mario Lemieux...felt the design was outdated. The positive thing there is that we could actually see the Vegas colors for real! Also like the horizontal look.

UD 17-18

One of the latest set that came out this year. Really appreciate the 17-18 design from UD! Plus, the canvas picture is simply amazing. Marchessault have the best celebrations for goals, and I am surprised they don’t use that more often to create the cards.

UD US National hockey card day 17-18 & Vegas Inaugural Images

Insert card for the US program, got some help from my friend Chris Carlin at UD, and from a US shop not interested to make a vegas hype profit out of the card, so I actually have two of them! They then followed that with a Vegas set based on the same design. Thought for long they were the same... but realized only a few weeks ago that the small Hockey card day logo was missing. I suddenly panicked, not sure if the card was still decently available or if I missed my opportunity, to realise it was an easy buy on eBay.

O-Pee-Chee Platinum 17-18

Best rainbow of 17-18, as it makes me remember the Panini Prizm rainbow chase. Can’t say i’ll have the budget to pay myself the golden treasure if even found… Vegas is now in total full hype mode.

UD Ice 17-18

Was happy to see him as part of a base set in a higher end product. I like the card design, and very affordable!

UD Compendium 17-18

The online chase! It's fun to connect the dots between a couple of people from this community to E-Pack Online. Website definitely need some improvements, but can't complain for the concept of offering a platform for collectors to trade without having to engage into bidding wars with eBay. Hard to take a position when you see the potential vs local dealers who work so hard to have a living...

UD Premier 17-18

Wow! Now that's what I'm talking about. First gear cards. This will be a fun chase... but I will need to be patient. The shoulder patch card went for 400$. This has became crazy, but that will be the fun part of the game, to see and go some cards, and wait for the right one :) Already had the unique chance to get the sleeve patch. Definitely my new favorite card. If you have a mega patch from Marchessault, feel free to hit me!

IMG_1356.jpg

The Cup 17-18

What better way to end up 17-18 with The Cup. Boy it will be expensive to grab the low numbered. Can I afford team cards anymore? My hope is that heavy Vegas collectors start to cool down with a second year of products coming in. Price point has been insane, but we are irrationals...so I guess it still make sense to spends hundreds ;)

IMG_1358.jpg

MVP 18/19

New season begins, new Vegas cards available. Like the Colours and contour design this year, and the fact cards are numbered gave me more reason to buy a couple of boxes. Had to trade/buy to complete the mix, and will get the last pieces from my next ComC shipment.

IMG_1036.jpg

OPC 18/19

OPC is back again, with a lovely retro set. I love OPC...feels like im a kid with these retro. Looking for the unscratched version, if someone have a cue!

IMG_1360.jpg

Tim Hortons 18/19

Nothing too fancy here but it’s a staple of Canadian tradition to be part of this set.

IMG_1361.jpg

Panini 18/19

The 1995 school backdrop parralel is kind of funky!

IMG_1362.jpg

Artifacts 18/19

First rookie card, and now a full rainbow of cards for Jon. I am now only one short of completing this set (material /5). Not fully sure on the divisional subset. Feels like it looks like Panini Crown Royale to me.

IMG_1462.jpg

UD 18/19

Decided to complete the jersey rainbow, which made me realise I might have be able to do that with a couple of other sets. Got the high gloss, might wait for epack to get the other ones given they release epack limited editions too.

IMG_1460.jpg

Black Diamond 18/19

Very nice set and my new favorite card is part of this set. The colors of the 1/1 are perfect for Vegas. A couple are incoming, Ser should be complete soon!

IMG_1459.jpg
    1DFD31C3-4713-4ABC-95D5-4866957E307A.jpg

Et voilà! Thats where we are now folks! I’ll now cross my fingers that this will help me to find some missing pieces of my puzzle. The very good news is that Jon played well for a second season in a row, with a huge contract in the bank for the next 6 seasons, which means that I should have plenty of work in the next couple of years. Everybody like cinderella stories, and knowing the guy since he was 6 yo might help, but for all the kids playing well but getting told that they can't play for X other reason should never settle.

Thanks for your read!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gebernier; 12-23-2018 at 06:57 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Very nice Marchessault collection!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

You have a very nice collection. Thank you for sharing!
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Great looking pc!
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I've seen your collection when it was posted before, and it's really something. Great job sticking with it during those tougher times with your PC guy. Those Vegas cards are stunning, great job getting those. That Mega Patch is my favourite! Must be tough keeping with all of those brand new Marchessault/Vegas Golden Knights collectors right now.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome collection and thanks for sharing all the extra information.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See Gebernier's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Quick update on the PC with some new additions... already new ones pending via Ebay and Comc, but feel free to send me a PM if you believe you have something I don't have that you would be okay to sell!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Those new Golden Knight cards you've picked up are insane! Great adds, must have been super fun to track them all down. Still lovin' that Mega Patch from UD Premier !