Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

While we're on the subject of pet peeves ;)
    Besides ruining top loaders with Scotch tape, my other pet peeves are shipping in jewel cases and shipping cards in just a team bag w/o toploader. Both nearly always result in some level of corner damage, and frequently result in more significant damage.

@Maggot and everyone else - I started a thread asking what people's non-tape related pet peeves about the hobby are. Feel free to add those there!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I just came here to say whoa - a 5 page thread about scotch tape hahaha

Sometimes the little things are important. Now we are on page 6 shooting for 7.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Seems like you're very particular with your cards. I applaud your vigilance.

I'm wondering why you don't collect graded cards? You wouldn't have to go through all this. You wouldn't have to handle the card to inspect it; you wouldn't have to worry about the case being in pristine condition; and you wouldn't have to worry about residue at all.

Not criticizing, just wondering

Thank you for asking!

I used to collect graded hockey cards. Now I don't really collect any hockey cards all that much, although I do have an itch to get into a hockey group break or something. I mostly just collect Marvel cards. I don't collect any graded cards, but I will acquire graded cards if I need them and then just take them out of the graded packages.

The reason I stopped collecting graded cards is because they are crazy expensive, and none of the grading card companies are trustworthy. Theoretically for myself, I would still have to open all the graded cards to double-check the grading card companies work, and I know for a fact I wouldn't agree with their assessments. Defeating the whole purpose...

How many people have resent cards and achieved a higher grading? It happens all the time, making a graded card worth the same as a non-graded card IMO.

I have opened over 100 graded cards, and simply just took the card out and added it into my 9 pocket pages into my sets and just tossed the graded plastic case in the plastic recycling. I needed the cards, not the plastic cases.

Graded cards are worth less to me than non-graded cards.

I have opened graded cards where the card that was graded 8 was in better condition than the card that was graded 9.5! And it isn't just a single isolated incident. It happens all the time. The card grading companies are so busy and they only care about money so they are rush rush rush get it done. That is not worth a penny to me.

My perception to detail is so more advanced than what a card grading company can offer, rendering a graded card useless to me. And don't even get me started on "centering".

I collect cards for the artwork mostly. Or I collect my favourite characters. Or maybe for a little nostalgia because it takes me back to when I was 7 years old collecting Marvel holograms. I certainly do not collect expensive plastic graded cases. Plastic is worthless.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

As seen on Twitter, but hey at least it wasn't scotch tapeScreenshot_20180929-224456_Twitter.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

As seen on Twitter, but hey at least it wasn't scotch tapeScreenshot_20180929-224456_Twitter.jpg

There is so much wrong going on here....
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

That must have been Upper Deck!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I wanna see what the card looks like when the tape is pulled off.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

I usually don’t tape my top loaders at all. I just use the right size loader for the card, pop into a team bag, seal it up and good to go. Never had a problem in all my years.

Receiving...as long as there’s not a pound of tape binding everything together I’m not gonna complain. We’ve all got our “PC top loaders” and our “trader top loaders” so I generally don’t get too worked up if I get an old one in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

100% how I like to ship too. Especially if it is a sale.

The team bag if it is folded tight does the trick. The bag is what I tape and I use construction Tuct tape. It is more adhesive than scotch tape or painter's tape and I've been able to cleanly remove it without any residue left on a team bag.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Sports Card Forum mobile app
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

BANNED

Country

Team bags all the way. I absolutely hate receiving a high end card, let alone any card, with tape on the top loader.

If you’re dealing in any kind of collectibles, use the proper methods for protecting them. Don’t be cheap or lazy about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Anaheim Ducks
    See dafoefan34's Items on eBay

I've used team bags for close to 20 years of online trading and I've never received a complaint. They don't damage the card or leave the top loader unusable. Unless you're able to completely peel the tape off the top loader, you'll have to slice the tape. There is a chance some of the adhesive residue from the tape could end up on the card if the sleeve shifts while removing the card.

If you're going to use tape, please use painters tape or masking tape. Also, if it isn't too much to ask, make a 'pull tab' by folding one end of the tape over itself because the last thing I want to do is use a hobby knife near a piece of condition sensitive cardboard.
    Last edited by dafoefan34; 10-07-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456