Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation 49ers’ Jimmy Garoppolo Done For Season With ACL Injury

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...lo-done-season

The 49ers’ worst fear has been confirmed. On Monday, an MRI revealed that quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo has suffered a season-ending ACL tear, as Adam Schefter of ESPN.com tweets. The Niners will place Garoppolo on injured reserve, opening up a spot on the roster that will surely be filled by another quarterback.

The 49ers, for now, will turn the starting job over to backup C.J. Beathard. After the second-year QB went 1-4 in five starts last year, it’s far from an ideal situation for San Francisco. If the 49ers seek outside help, they may want to give the Browns a call to see what it would take to acquire Tyrod Taylor, who has lost his starting job to rookie Baker Mayfield.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I feel terrible for Jimmy G; he seems like a good dude and I believe he's a solid QB … however, who knows, this may work out to be a blessing in disguise in one way or another … I wonder if the 49'ers will tank this season now that Jimmy's gone and they seem to have no shot at making the playoffs?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wonder if the 49'ers will tank this season now that Jimmy's gone and they seem to have no shot at making the playoffs?

IMO they would be smart to since they have so many other problems. If he comes back strong next year a very high draft pick in the draft would help him out and that would seem better to me than trying to trade for a new fill in starting QB that's going to come at a very jacked up price (draft picks wise). Even with him it would have been tough to do some damage in the playoffs this year and without Jimmy I can't see them doing squat since there are just so many other teams I'd put above the 49ers in the NFC right now.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

I really like the guy at QB, but what a bonehead move to try to get an extra maybe 2 yards right when the sideline is there to just run out of.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I really like the guy at QB, but what a bonehead move to try to get an extra maybe 2 yards right when the sideline is there to just run out of.

Had he not got hurt, he would have been called "tough", but I know what you're saying … I hate injuries.

IMO they would be smart to since they have so many other problems. If he comes back strong next year a very high draft pick in the draft would help him out and that would seem better to me than trying to trade for a new fill in starting QB that's going to come at a very jacked up price (draft picks wise). Even with him it would have been tough to do some damage in the playoffs this year and without Jimmy I can't see them doing squat since there are just so many other teams I'd put above the 49ers in the NFC right now.

I agree 100% … I know a lot of 49'ers fans want the team to try and trade for a QB but I just think that would be a bad move … tank the year and roll with Jimmy G next season.