Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

The crybaby needs to sign the tag, or be gone. He'd never last in the NFL in the 70's and before. He'd be out first game. For what little they got paid back then and how hard they played, he wouldn't last.

Absolutely! Now take a former Steeler like Mike Webster, he played the game the right way and he lasted a long long time!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

Absolutely! Now take a former Steeler like Mike Webster, he played the game the right way and he lasted a long long time!!!!

It's dark but I'll admit, I laughed.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Doubt it and i asked lester hayes about the situation and how it would be handled back then they wouldnt get paid he said but bell is getting paid so highly doubt 70s players sat out

Sent from my SM-N950U using Sports Card Forum mobile app

I just don't see it … I mean, you're basically saying 70s players were just dumber than modern players and I don't think that's true … they had less power in the 70s than they do now, that's all imho ...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins Miami Marlins Miami Heat
    Twitter: @Jmeza2154

I just don't see it … I mean, you're basically saying 70s players were just dumber than modern players and I don't think that's true … they had less power in the 70s than they do now, that's all imho ...

I not once said they were dumber issue is levion is getting paid kore then anybody who played in the 70s no excuse fr him to not show up to work

Sent from my SM-N950U using Sports Card Forum mobile app

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

issue is levion is getting paid more then anybody who played in the 70s no excuse fr him to not show up to work

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/nf...150311157.html

Seems like he's got tons of reasons to not show up. If he's got dementia, CTE, and other maladies to look forward to, he should get every dime he can to help pay for those medical bills. Those deductibles and premiums aren't getting any cheaper and he'll have a host of "pre-existing" conditions.

Just because people had it worse years ago doesn't mean we should accept things as they are today.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/nf...150311157.html

Seems like he's got tons of reasons to not show up. If he's got dementia, CTE, and other maladies to look forward to, he should get every dime he can to help pay for those medical bills. Those deductibles and premiums aren't getting any cheaper and he'll have a host of "pre-existing" conditions.

Just because people had it worse years ago doesn't mean we should accept things as they are today.

Well said and I agree 100% … besides, LeVeon is NOT getting his game checks for the games he's missing, so it's not like he's stealing from the Steelers; he's simply making a wise business decision.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

It's hard not to see what Bell is doing as entirely selfish and to the detriment of this team. One could fairly question his lack of respect and motivation for said team, his teammates, and the Steelers fanbase. He deserves to be booed/cold-shouldered by all of the above. Nonetheless, situations like these are a product of the system. Franchise tags, non-guaranteed money, short, injury-plagued careers, the players are working in an environment not like any other pro sport, and are treated like work dogs who are put down when they are of no use anymore. 100% expect another labor stoppage in 2021 when this CBA ends. The players have an incredibly raw deal and got absolutely owned in the last round of labor talks, and they know it. It won't be the same come 2021.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It's hard not to see what Bell is doing as entirely selfish and to the detriment of this team.

Maybe by "rabid Stee;ler team fans" but not by anyone else I'd hope … Bell is doing something that he's fully within his rights to do and is taking the financial penalty that comes along with it … would anyone care if he was just a local postal worker or teacher? No … because those jobs don't have rabid fan bases … it's all very silly … NFL football is just a "job" like any other job.

One could fairly question his lack of respect and motivation for said team, his teammates, and the Steelers fanbase.

So? Would anyone care if he was a postal worker or teacher? No … football's just another job ...

He deserves to be booed/cold-shouldered by all of the above.

If that happens, it would be his teammates and the fans that would prove to be the insane and extremely selfish ones, not Lev himself.

Nonetheless, situations like these are a product of the system. Franchise tags, non-guaranteed money, short, injury-plagued careers, the players are working in an environment not like any other pro sport, and are treated like work dogs who are put down when they are of no use anymore.

Indeed, which is why Lev doing what he's doing shouldn't upset any knowledgeable fan, no?

100% expect another labor stoppage in 2021 when this CBA ends. The players have an incredibly raw deal and got absolutely owned in the last round of labor talks, and they know it. It won't be the same come 2021.

I hope that doesn't happen but you may be spot-on with such a prediction.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's hard not to see what Bell is doing as entirely selfish and to the detriment of this team. One could fairly question his lack of respect and motivation for said team, his teammates, and the Steelers fanbase. He deserves to be booed/cold-shouldered by all of the above.

Football has eternally had the "next man up" mentality. The 49ers weren't distracted because McKinnon went down for the year in preseason. What is detrimental to the team is that his elite productivity isn't in the lineup every single week. As a 26 year old running back who has been slotted into the rookie wage system then further slotted into multiple franchise tags, he has never been allowed to negotiate his own value. I would not have a lot of respect for an organization that controlled the cost of my salary for 6 straight years and offer a contract that is lower than what the free-market would bear out. Imagine if 60% of your career you weren't allowed to negotiate your own value! I think he deserves Todd Gurley money.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ Well said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast