Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers
    Upper Deck ePack

I had a hard time choosing as well when I came back to the hobby. I started collecting Darnell Nurse because of all the potential talk he had in becoming a work horse for the oilers (which he is showing to be). I also had a Ryan Smyth PC going for a while (my all time favourite Oilers) but with such a huge back log for the Smyth and so many parallels and higher end cards for the Nurse I decided to go with an Oilers PC. I collect anything Edmonton Oilers (in oilers uni) now with the exception of Ex-Oilers Autos & Rookies (can be with any team).

I will still try to pick up any Nurse or Smyth that catches my eye but will not overpay to "have it in my Player PC".

Yeah I wish I had some kind of like connection to players, but we don’t have any junior or minors teams near me. Anthony DeAngelo is from very close to where I grew up buuut uh he’s not the kind of person I’d like to collect.

Thinking of maybe making a nice little collection each year of like a nice auto of the captain and the alternates and then maybe just any rangers cards I see that i really like. I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See briannjen's Items on eBay

I think I’m going to try out some different player collections, and make them small and specialized because honestly I’m a bit of a completionist. And also do it for players who aren’t just Rangers, I of course have players I like that aren’t Rangers so it’s a good opportunity to collect those players as well.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I think I’m going to try out some different player collections, and make them small and specialized because honestly I’m a bit of a completionist. And also do it for players who aren’t just Rangers, I of course have players I like that aren’t Rangers so it’s a good opportunity to collect those players as well.

Glad to hear it. Best of luck !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Colorado Avalanche Boston Bruins
    See avalanchebruins's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

My collection has gone through some changes over the years. From a completest with the Bruins, Avalanche, Ray Bourque, Joe Sakic. Found that to hard to work on with the volume of cards that have come out and the amount for Sakic and Bourque. In the early 90's I decided on going for a couple of players in Jeff Odgers (Bruins & Avalanche among other teams) I liked his scrappy style and Ian Laperriere. I still collect them both and try to get as many of their cards as possible.

Started collecting Jason Pominville as a PC, found out he is a distant relative on my dad's side so been working on a PC for his cards.

Beyond that my main goal that I have been working on since the middle 90's is what I consider the Ultimate Hockey Card catalog. I am trying to get one card for every set that has been produced. That include minor, euro, inserts, parallel, team issue, multi sport and other sets that have hockey cards in it, etc. I presently have over 4100. The problem I am having is compiling a complete listing. I have a box of cards that i have not found any checklist for so that is always fun.

For favorite teams toying with one card for every player that has played for them instead of trying to get them all.

Baseball PC is Fred Lynn but only focusing on Boston Red Sox cards. Hard to come up with a listing since not all the checklists have the team annotated.

Mark
    Back and open for trades and selling of cards in my collection. If you see something you like let me know.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I exclusively collect the Red Deer Rebels... but have made an offshoot to Darcy Kuemper's RC. It is nice to have something else to collect when Rebels cards aren't really available. The downside of player collecting is that there is SOOOO much NHL content.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See briannjen's Items on eBay

My collection has gone through some changes over the years. From a completest with the Bruins, Avalanche, Ray Bourque, Joe Sakic. Found that to hard to work on with the volume of cards that have come out and the amount for Sakic and Bourque. In the early 90's I decided on going for a couple of players in Jeff Odgers (Bruins & Avalanche among other teams) I liked his scrappy style and Ian Laperriere. I still collect them both and try to get as many of their cards as possible.

Started collecting Jason Pominville as a PC, found out he is a distant relative on my dad's side so been working on a PC for his cards.

Beyond that my main goal that I have been working on since the middle 90's is what I consider the Ultimate Hockey Card catalog. I am trying to get one card for every set that has been produced. That include minor, euro, inserts, parallel, team issue, multi sport and other sets that have hockey cards in it, etc. I presently have over 4100. The problem I am having is compiling a complete listing. I have a box of cards that i have not found any checklist for so that is always fun.

For favorite teams toying with one card for every player that has played for them instead of trying to get them all.

Baseball PC is Fred Lynn but only focusing on Boston Red Sox cards. Hard to come up with a listing since not all the checklists have the team annotated.

Mark

Getting one card of everyone who played on a team would be cool. Like find a favorite insert or base of them in the team uniform. Vegas fans could start now and stay ahead haha

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have been collect Gretzky for about 20 years and I only collect what I could afford. I don't collect the GU or Autos and don't have a real Gretzky RC.
    Gretzky have been retired for almost 20 years and UD still keep on producing many cards each year. The only thing I hate is that they sometimes use the same photos that was used before on previous cards!
    I do want to thanks many great traders here that helped me in the past. I know many of them are probably not active anymore.
    Looking for Wayne Gretzky base/inserts that I don't have.

Looking for Vancouver Canuck base/inserts that I don't have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12