Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choosing a Player collection?

I had a hard time choosing as well when I came back to the hobby. I started collecting Darnell Nurse because of all the potential talk he had in becoming a work horse for the oilers (which he is showing to be). I also had a Ryan Smyth PC going for a while (my all time favourite Oilers) but with such a huge back log for the Smyth and so many parallels and higher end cards for the Nurse I decided to go with an Oilers PC. I collect anything Edmonton Oilers (in oilers uni) now with the exception of Ex-Oilers Autos & Rookies (can be with any team).

I will still try to pick up any Nurse or Smyth that catches my eye but will not overpay to "have it in my Player PC".

Quote Originally Posted by Cerialthriller View Post
    Yeah I wish I had some kind of like connection to players, but we don’t have any junior or minors teams near me. Anthony DeAngelo is from very close to where I grew up buuut uh he’s not the kind of person I’d like to collect.

Thinking of maybe making a nice little collection each year of like a nice auto of the captain and the alternates and then maybe just any rangers cards I see that i really like. I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Team PC: Hidden Content / Hidden Content
    Set Wants: 2018-19 Upper Deck Series 1 YG (when released)

I think I’m going to try out some different player collections, and make them small and specialized because honestly I’m a bit of a completionist. And also do it for players who aren’t just Rangers, I of course have players I like that aren’t Rangers so it’s a good opportunity to collect those players as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerialthriller View Post
    I think I’m going to try out some different player collections, and make them small and specialized because honestly I’m a bit of a completionist. And also do it for players who aren’t just Rangers, I of course have players I like that aren’t Rangers so it’s a good opportunity to collect those players as well.

Glad to hear it. Best of luck !

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12