Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Information on Trades

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See woliver970's Items on eBay

Information on Trades

Hello

So, I have been buying some graded cards on Ebay as of lately. At some point, I would like to trade or uptrade some of my cards for other graded cards

but don't know how to do that on this forum or who to trust ( at least with my graded cards. )

I would like suggestions from more seasoned members on this site so that I can gain clarity on where to start and how to build better trust and relationships with other

members. I have done a tiny bit of trading on this site with non graded cards but want to trade graded cards here and elsewhere in the near future.

Thank you !

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fifthcup90's Items on eBay

I am by no means among the most active, most experienced, or most prolific traders, but I do have over three hundred trades spread over six forums and over a thousand positive feedback on eBay with no negs. So, just take my thoughts as you will.

I have had very few negative experiences trading. But, you have to be comfortable with a trader to complete trades of higher value. Use the tools at your disposal such as feedback on this and other trading sites. Many traders are active on multiple sites. Ebay feedback is another tool. Also, trust your instincts about your communications with potential trading partners. In one notable instance several years ago, I was working on a rather sizable trade with someone, and just through the course of discussing the trade something just didn't feel right. Nothing concrete, but enough that I just gracefully backed out of trading. Shortly thereafter, this person started showing up on multiple boards as a scammer. You have to be comfortable. I often tell potential trade partners that they as well as myself need to be comfortable and pleased with the trade, and if for some reason they aren't, then that's fine, I understand. I think you will find that the vast majority of traders with a significant trade history are what they appear to be, trustworthy traders. If you are reasonable in your requests of other traders, I think you will find lots of good trading partners. Good luck and I hope you are able to further your collection through trading.
    I collect: Kurri, '70s Kelloggs and Topps hockey(also OPC), football, and baseball cards, vintage stars and World Series subset cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for your detailed response. It is a good thing you did not trade with the guy that ended up as a scammer on other sites.

What other sites do you trade on ? I know this one and Ebay and one guy on here mentioned blowout cards.

Thank you again for sharing with me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fifthcup90's Items on eBay

Other sites I have traded on are: Beckett (back when it was user friendly), hobbyinsider.net, thebenchtrading.com, net54baseball.com, blowoutcards.com, samstradingpost, and ultimatecardboard (now defunct). There are others as well out there, just haven't used them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice ! Thank you kurri17

SCF Rewards
    Country

Getting My inventory cleaned up. Putting in a lot of graded cards and weeding out the junk ( so to speak )

Feel free to have a gander :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I have over 800 graded cards and haven't traded graded cards much. I did lose a PSA 7 Cal Ripken rookie in a trade, but shame on me. I agree with the other posts in this thread. Look at eBay, look here, google their screen name. There is usually some bad vibes somewhere if a trader is bad. OR...Do a small trade first and work towards a larger trade if that is your thing. None of the ways are perfect but ultimately, I think most people that are here are awesome and just trying to enhance their collections. Let me know if you want to trade any Graded Cowboys. I have some Aikman, Emmitts and others that I would trade, as well as need. Thanks Rich

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rich,

I will trade graded with ya. I am still new here so have to send first but I look at members feedback , etc. I keep it simple. If someone wants to get me for 30-40 bucks then so be it.

I have an Aikman RC psa 9 and a rc emmitt score supplemental psa 8 also a Dez Topps Chrome psa 9. In addition to that I have many nice graded cards. Only psa, bgs, bvg and sgc.

Let me know if you want to trade and what you have. I can send you a list as well as pics bucket. Trying to get my pics over to flickr as i hear that's best for long term.

This goes for other good traders that read this post as well. Hit me up :)