Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Michigan State Spartans St Louis Cardinals

Found these autos. Real or fake?

I found these hidden in one of my old boxes that I forgot I had.

My friend was involved in a hockey camp back in the very early 90s. The one that had Gretzky, Hull, Denis Savard and Valeri Kamensky. He got these while he was there and passed them onto me. Truth be told, not 100 that they are legit autos but they are a nice part of my collection. What do you guys think, real or fake? Thanks for the look.20181014_111841.jpg20181014_111830.jpg20181014_111817.jpg20181014_111800.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Sports Card Forum mobile app

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I'm no auto expert, so i'm not really sure.

For any athlete, IP (in person) autos are tough because some autographs can look horrible but be 100% real, while other autographs can look very similar to what we see from these players all the time, but can be found to be very fake.

I've seen many variances in Gretzky's signature from different time periods that have been deemed authentic.

Plus, since you got them from a friend, I don't think he'd have a reason to lie about the authenticity of these autos to you?

I'd say if your friend is telling the honest truth, and he's the guy that received the autos in person, then they are real no matter what anyone says.

Not much, but I've met a few NHL'rs and have obtained autographs from them. If I showed/posted those pieces and people thought the autograph was a little "off", it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, because I know for a fact that they are 100% authentic, no matter what autograph expert weighs in on my pieces. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by creasecollector; 10-14-2018 at 07:06 PM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Michigan State Spartans St Louis Cardinals

I use the term friend kind of loosely, he was a friend of a friend. But yeah I have no reason to believe they are fake he was legit at that hockey camp. Anyway I suppose it doesnt matter cause they are just for my own collection.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I use the term friend kind of loosely, he was a friend of a friend. But yeah I have no reason to believe they are fake he was legit at that hockey camp. Anyway I suppose it doesnt matter cause they are just for my own collection.

Cool. Yeah if you have a valid reason to trust your source on these autos, then I would say they are authentic.

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app