Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Antiexpo and a couple of games at the Bell Centre

Let’s see if I can remember how to do one of these show and tell thingy...

So life hasnt been all that easy lately so after my doctor had been pestering me for 6 months, i finally agreed to be signed off work for a while and was ordered to do whatever it took to take my mind off things. With the Habs home oppener coming up and the biggest card show in montreal 2 days later with Sid and the Pens playing the Habs in the evening, it seemed to me like my doctor told me to go to the 2 games and hit that card show...

I’ll start with the card show, L’Antiexpo is held twice a year and is the biggest show in Montreal. For the first time ever this fall though, it was in a new setting (at the IGA stadium) instead of the usual college and it was a rather good move.Also for the first time, Upper Deck was distributing it’s fall expo promo packs when you busted a box at their table. I had bought a VIP ticket and was therefore allowed to enter at 9:00. As soon as i got in, I went to the Collect Edition stand to grab a box of artifacts and then hit the UD stand to get my promo pack. Nothing that spectacular in the box but my promo pack yielded an Andrew Shaw Priority signings 12/15 and i was given other little inserts, a card wallet and an oversized Carey Price

A6BBEEC3-A8AF-4E79-A3E3-8B6C36E8A5B7.jpeg

After that i tried to start the mission i had set myself, try to find arena relics cards from the new artifacts, featuring Habs greats and forum memorabilia (bricks,seats...). In the second to last row of stands, i came across one of the nicest dealer in the business Tek Chher, i asked if he had some of those cards but unfortunately he didnt...However, two stands later, the guy had the Jean Beliveau one so that was my first card from this very sought after set. A while later, as i was queuing to get Mike Keane to autograph my 1993 mini cup stanley, a guy asked if i was Karine i said yup and he told me Tek had told him to find me...why? Because he had the Maurice Richard forum articfact card! After a bit of haggeling, the card was mine! But the day just kept getting better as i also landed the Lafleur one of the set. Oh and i also score a Drouin auto and a Roy auto 4/10:

5AF6F096-9443-4712-B7F5-004D7BF25B11.jpeg

Before leaving, i also had Brian Bellows sign my 1993 mini cup:

90A7F8EA-81D0-4BA6-A42D-443A0CE9BFDB.jpeg

Their auto joined those of Denis Savard and Patrice Brisebois...slow and steady wins the race as they say lol

Finally before making my exit, i took part to the second UD raffle of the day and walked out with a mini helmet autographed by Julien Gauthier
    E594E28F-BB1A-4F38-9314-7D7BCF5EE7B9.jpeg

Silly me, i forgot to say that i got a RGS mystery box which yielded a couple of autographed pucks by Habs goalies; Carey Price and Richard Sévigny. Once at the Bell Centre, just like Thursday, i decided to buyba CH fondation puck. They cost 40$ and are autographed by a current or past Hab and if your puck is gold, you win a prize. On Thursday, I had received a gold Lehkonen signed puck and won a Gallagher signed flag. I therefore couldnt resist so i tried my luck....i got a Schlemko signed puck BUT it was golden as well! And this time it got me a Max Domi signed tshirt :
    926E484B-3276-404A-9E9F-DEAAF7032C3D.jpegB50B1812-B1AC-4D27-B5FD-0DBF1211388F.jpegF0638943-C594-42E9-9AA1-C18A09A203EF.jpeg

Finally, after the Habs vainquished the Pens in the shootout, i was able to make the drive back home and leave behind me what had been a spectacular show and an awesome 3 days :)

Comments welcome as always and give me a should shout you see some of those Forum relics cards please :)
    Last edited by Pheebs888; 10-15-2018 at 03:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Those Forum cards are very nicely done, great looking cards. Sweet promo stuff too all around

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

Glad you had a Great time.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

one day i'll get to Montreal

one day

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

The game against the Kings must have special, with that ceremony celebrating the 1993 cup.

I love those arena artifacts :)
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

A much deserved awesome weekend! Great haul and was fun following along your Saturday adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

It truly was a great day but thankfully it isn't every weekend or I'd go broke.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Those Arena Artifacts cards are truly spectacular. Wow! Incredible, tiny pieces of art.

That Roy is a beauty also! Great Show And Tell !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content