Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation Cowboys To Acquire Amari Cooper From the Raiders

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...e-amari-cooper

The Cowboys and Raiders have reached an agreement on Amari Cooper, with ESPN.com’s Josina Anderson reporting (via Twitter) the fourth-year wide receiver will head to Dallas. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports tweets this transaction is indeed happening.

The compensation is big. Dallas will send a first-round pick to Oakland for Cooper, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com reports (on Twitter). It’s a 2019 pick, per SI.com’s Albert Breer (on Twitter). The Oakland/Las Vegas rebuild is in high gear, with the franchise now holding three first-rounders in next year’s draft.

Oakland received an offer for a pick expected to be in the high second-round range, per La Canfora (on Twitter), and turned it down, to the surprise of many around the league. But Gruden has recouped a first-round pick for a wideout whose value doesn’t appear to be what it once was.

While this marks another Reggie McKenzie first-rounder dealt, Breer tweets the Raiders GM handled the trade calls for Cooper and was holding teams to a first-round pick for the 24-year-old receiver’s services. The now-Jon Gruden-led Raiders have traded both of McKenzie’s top first-round acquisitions — Cooper and Khalil Mack — in a two-months span.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Seems like a solid trade for both teams ... Amari has Hall of Fame talent and gives Dak a legit #1 with superstar ability ... and the Raiders get their 5th 1st round pick in the next 2 years to rebuild in Chucky's image ...

Now I wonder if the Raiders will try to trade Carr before the deadline, or after this season ends ... and as for the Cowboys, I wonder if they'll be willing to commit to extending BOTH Dak and Amari as if they both ball out, Dak's agent will be looking for close to $30mil per season and Amari's agent will be looking for close to $20mil per season ... $50mil for (2) guys is a whole lot of money and while Jerry Jones has money to burn, I'm not sure he'll see dropping $50mil on those two guys as the best use of his funds ... we'll see what happens.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

A 1st round pick for a WR that after his first 2 years hasn't been even close to being a #1. Dallas heard that the Eagles offered a 2nd round pick, so to spite them, Dallas had to pony up a 1st. Solid pickup for the Cowboys, but not 1st round deserving.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Very good move for the Raiders. They'll likely wind up with a mid to late teens pick from the Cowboys. At the very least it'll make the Raiders a popular team to pick for box breaks next year. I don't think Cooper does much for the Cowboys in 2018 but he might make some noise for 2019. Cowboys receiving corps this year reminds me a lot of the Bears from 2017.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I hope Amari can have a year like his first 2 for the Cowboys. They need something that is for sure.
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Raiders could have THREE top (20) picks in the upcoming draft as the Cowboys and Bears may not make the playoffs ... imagine if they have the #1, #9 and #10 pick or something similar ... that would be crazy! And, they may trade Carr for the Giants #1 which could be a top 5 pick as well ... wild times for Raider fans ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

And, they may trade Carr for the Giants #1 which could be a top 5 pick as well ... wild times for Raider fans ...

If I'm the Giants I jump all over this deal if that's all it takes to land Carr

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Decent trade for both teams

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If I'm the Giants I jump all over this deal if that's all it takes to land Carr

The latest I heard was that the Raiders will trade Carr to the Giants at the draft combine … if YOU were the Giants GM and the pick was the #1 overall pick, would you make that trade? Would you really rather have Carr at $20+mil a year than the #1 overall pick QB (Dwyane Haskins or Justin Herbert or Drew Lock) who you'd have for 4 years on a CHEAP contract which would allow you to sign more players to help the guy out?

That would be a tough call for NY I think … it all depends how high they are on Carr (some people seem to think he's a superstar while others think he's garbage) as well as how high they are on a rookie like Haskins/Herbert/Lock …