Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

I like when this kind of stuff happens - it gives a tiny amount of the "you can get anything" feeling back to a pack - something that is ever so missing in the super-strict box-break-configuration-adhering products of today

it's just fun and neat to go through the cards and find this kind of stuff or discover organically

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Or, they can let people figure it out themselves without being spoon fed the answers. Almost like letting them have some fun going through their cards to discover something different.

I don't mind not having a checklist. but they really do have to inform the buyer of the existence of "special" cards. Perhaps just a blurb on the box about "photo variations" or some odds on the back of the pack. Otherwise, if you are just opening a box and have no idea something is a variation, you won't know. If someone knows about the variations and you don't, then you might lose the card in a trade for nothing and get screwed. Remember, not everyone uses Twitter or Facebook,etc. If some kid whose parents dont allow him on social media is opening a box at a show, some adult/older kid could trade him for another common and screw the kid.

Personally, I think this is a reason why OPC Blank Backs are not as popular or valuable as they should be. Since OPC are cheaper than most cards, I think there are a lot more casual collectors that buy that stuff. I believe a lot of blank backs are simply ignored, or people think they are mistakes, and just throw them in a box where they are forgotten. If everyone knew how rare they are, more would make it to the secondary market, and those that do would probably bring in more money. Just like Exclusives, the hot rookies sell for a lot, but commons sell pretty cheaply. That is because they are not listed on the back of packs, and they aren't numbered. So if you don't know about them, you don't know they are special.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Which of the variations are more valuable? Would think they may be same value. Who knows||||||||

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

We can add Seth Jones, Jonathan Huderdeau and Anze Kopitar to the list.
    Last edited by mingus_md; 11-16-2018 at 09:12 PM.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

We can add Seth Jones, Jonathan Huderdeau and Anze Kopitar to the list.

already there pretty sure im up to date
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

I'm going to add this to the first post

https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/viewset/240113

@Iheartjacquie - we should have the ability to add a note for this subset to reference this thread.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/show...oto-Variations
    Last edited by scottkoz20; 11-17-2018 at 02:41 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    See aaron417's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Starting to wonder if thats it for series 1 and the last 13 are in series 2.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

any idea on what sort of odds on these? Are we thinking one per box? Case?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays Edmonton Oilers
    See aemiceman's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I've opened 5 hobby boxes and 6 of the retail blasters from Walmart so far and haven't found one so maybe 1 per case in hobby? But that is just my guess.,,

any idea on what sort of odds on these? Are we thinking one per box? Case?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12