I haven't mailed as much lately-- just bought a new guitar (Gretsch G5420T, black with gold hardware) and finally got my band's album released. Check it out, please!
Anyways, now that that's out of the way, I did just buy a bunch of stamps and mailed out three this morning. I likely will write more tonight and tomorrow too. I have a lot of baseball, basketball, and racing that I'm planning on trying.

In the meantime with limited mailing comes limited success, but I did get a few back...

NOVEMBER 24
Wayne Cashman, c/o home, 2/2 with $10, 10 weeks
Al Bumbry, c/o home, 5/4, 4 years, added a signed postcard

NOVEMBER 27
Mike Walker, c/o home, 4/4, 9 months
Dave Righetti, c/o SF Giants, 2/2, 3 months

DECEMBER 6
Ron Tingley, c/o home, 4/4, 9 months
Nenad Zigante, c/o home, 4/2, 3 months (signed the front and back of both cards)

I did some IP soccer a few months back as well-- that's available over on the Pacific blog.

So far, I've sent to Jimmy Britton to finish my 1972 Braves Rookies card (last one I need for it; it's been out a month but per SCN he has taken anywhere from a week to 8 months to answer), plus Chris Davis for his 2013 Archives card, and Rene Lachemann and Dick Schofield Sr. just because I had a few cards of them. I plan on getting requests out to B.J. Surhoff, Al Worthington, and Chuck Seelbach soon as well. Seelbach was actually a history teacher at my high school, though I never had him for any classes. I have enough stamps right now to send out about 150 requests. So I can get a little crazy here if I want to and finish the year off right. I might even send a few music requests.

I also just bought a new computer, the band has some shows, and I'm trying to sort all of my purchases of the past few years (and stuff I pulled and never got signed) into everything, so I have a lot on my plate. Positive note, baseball and basketball are all sorted. I just need to do football and hockey, plus a little tweaking to soccer, nascar, and other sports and non-sports.

Even if I use them all, I will have sent fewer this year than either of the last two years (330 in 2016, 357 in 2017; I'm at 175 so far, and could get up to maybe 325). However, releasing an album, buying a guitar, and doing the National trip more than make up for the difference.

More...