Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Edwardo47

i threw it away because it was not authentic. I wouldn't have any reason to keep a forged autograph. You shouldn't have any legitimate reason to want a forged autograph back. Once i learned it wasn't real i did message you and email you. As i said earlier i never got a response. I chalked it up to a bad deal and moved on. I've done hundreds of trades and buying and selling and been ripped off 3 times. It's a good average. Once i figured i'd never hear back from you i moved on and threw it away. Then all this time passes and i see your name pop up so i figured i should let people know that if they do a deal with you they should make sure your stuff is authentic. If you don't want to make it right, that's fine. But hiding behind the fact that i threw it away it pretty sad. Even if i still had it for some reason, i wouldn't send it back. It would just get resold to some other sucker down the road. Collectors need to look out for each other more than that.

i have now had two trades in the past 40 years where the person i sent cards to claimed something similiar ..the last time was some 20 years ago
    and the fellow claimed 2 of the 3 cards i sent were bent....it was about 6 weeks after our trade ...and he wanted his cards back. I said the same thing
    i am telling you..return the cards i sent you and i will return an equal amount. He email me right back and said he threw them in the trash. I ask him
    why he woud do that and his comment was.."who wants bent cards"? He never returned the "bent" cards and i never returned the cards he sent.

Lets go back on our trade..the final straw to me was you have said even if you sent it back, i would just resale it to another sucker down the road and
    you were just looking out for another collector...like i am a cheat. I resent that and you can spread all the rumors you want but i will n o t. Send
    even one card back to you until you return what you are not satisfied with. Next, i did not receive an email concerning this matter until just recently
    you contacted me. Had i received it back last december i would have responded . You have kept perfect records but it took a year to "find me"..you
    had my email and my address. I guess i can imply myself...you kept the williams card and are now wanting some of the cards back? I was a member of
    sportscardfun.com for over 10 years and had over 200 good trader point meaning i traded with over 200 diff people with out incident..now i'm a crook?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

No, I don't think you are a crook. I said from the get-go that I believed you believed the Ted Williams was real.
    Again, you said this:

Matt
    The Ted Williams Auto I received from a good a good dealer friend from New Jersey many years ago after a show he sponsored in
    Boston. He picked up several autos of Boston Players, including 3 of Ted Williams on card and 2- two of his on BB cards. He sold me
    this one that is from my personal HOF collection of Autos & GU's..Also, picked me up several more. I have collected for some 35-40 years
    and have probably over 500,000 cards (counting cards in sets).

That pretty much implies it was authentic and yet on here you are saying, "I BELIEVE I INDICATED I COULD NOT AUTHENTIC IT AND THUS WAS LETTING IT GO FOR A SMALL AMOUNT."
    That's just not how the conversation in email went. You can see for yourself what you said about the Ted Williams above. You said you got it from a dealer who set up shows in Boston, strongly implying he had Ted Williams at the shows he sponsored or at least that he was a connected guy who could get a line on an authentic autograph.

As for your claim that I didn't get in touch with you, that's not the case. I emailed you once I learned the Williams wasn't authentic.
    There's a copy of my sent email attached. It was April 24, that's like 5 months after the sale so It's 100% understandable that you wouldn't see it. I don't think you are a crook.
    I also messaged you a couple times on here and didn't hear anything. I can see how long it's been since someone has logged into the site and from that I could see you hadn't logged in for a long time and I figured you weren't around the site anymore. People come and go all the time, it's no big deal.
    I didn't think you had left because of anything to do with me, I just assumed you weren't dealing in cards anymore. Again, I didn't think you were a crook.

Then I saw your threads the other day and it bothered me that you were back on the site and I assumed you had seen my email and messages and ignored them. Reading your responses, I think that was incorrect and I think you probably didn't see them. I delete messages and emails dozens at time sometimes and I bet that's what happened with you. It's not THAT big a deal.

As for returning the auto to you and getting something else in exchange.... Even if I had the auto still I would be very reluctant to do that. For myself and fellow collectors I don't want inauthentic autographs out there.
    You mentioned maybe you'd give it to your grandson. I'm sure that seems like an innocent idea but let's say 10-15 years down the line he decides he's going to sell his collection for $ for college or a house or whatever and then he's selling it to some other collector and they are in the same boat I was in earlier this year... stuck with a fake autograph they paid for. I don't want that for someone. At the risk of telling you how to feel, as a fellow collector you really shouldn't want that either.

Anyway, I don't think you are a cheat. If you want to send me something to make up for the Ted that's fine. If you don't, I guess that's how you feel and you are entitled to feel how ever you feel. I can tell you 100% I didn't keep the Ted for myself and now I'm trying to squeeze something out of you a year later.

maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

i have now had two trades in the past 40 years where the person i sent cards to claimed something similiar ..the last time was some 20 years ago
    and the fellow claimed 2 of the 3 cards i sent were bent....it was about 6 weeks after our trade ...and he wanted his cards back. I said the same thing
    i am telling you..return the cards i sent you and i will return an equal amount. He email me right back and said he threw them in the trash. I ask him
    why he woud do that and his comment was.."who wants bent cards"? He never returned the "bent" cards and i never returned the cards he sent.

Lets go back on our trade..the final straw to me was you have said even if you sent it back, i would just resale it to another sucker down the road and
    you were just looking out for another collector...like i am a cheat. I resent that and you can spread all the rumors you want but i will n o t. Send
    even one card back to you until you return what you are not satisfied with. Next, i did not receive an email concerning this matter until just recently
    you contacted me. Had i received it back last december i would have responded . You have kept perfect records but it took a year to "find me"..you
    had my email and my address. I guess i can imply myself...you kept the williams card and are now wanting some of the cards back? I was a member of
    sportscardfun.com for over 10 years and had over 200 good trader point meaning i traded with over 200 diff people with out incident..now i'm a crook?

First, I never received the email you said you sent...You commented you were surprised, that said to me, you assumed I was "a crook" and why would I go back on the internet..
    you must have thought I was hiding! You implies you were going to tell everyone you know that I was a bad trader or crook or whatever you wanted to say. I have record on
    Sportscardfun and sportcardforumn and several other sites over the years with an unblemished honest fair trader and because you received an auto that I said upfront I
    did NOT have a COA..I assumed because of the info I had when I received it, that is was legit..I am assuming you sent it in and had it authentic, which they only say (or at least
    that was what I received back some years ago when I sent in some gold pieces to have authenticated..and they came back as ("they cannot authenticate)/. Maybe the best thing
    to do so I will quit hearing about this..and so many others keep reading what you say indicating I Am a crook...is: I can send you back everything you sent me and the money
    and you return the all there cards I sent you and kindly deduct the amount you placed on the Williams since you would not be returning that card...since, without getting
    my opinion, you decided to throw my cards (auto) away. You implied I would send it to another unsuspecting trader and you wanted to protect him!!! simply let me know the
    money I should return and I'll do that and send you all the cards. Ed I am in Florida for the winter, so email me: [email protected] and I will send my address
    for you to mail the cards back....send me your address, so there is no confusing where to send these back. Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think returning everything (minus the Ted Williams) is the way to go. I'll admit I initially thought there was something shady going on but I was WRONG and I don't believe you are crook, etc.
    I believe you that you didn't see my emails, messages, etc.
    Let's deduct $50 for the Ted so I'll send you back everything and you send me back everything and $125. Is that acceptable?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

thanks for never getting back to me about the fake ted williams autograph you sold me.

that sounds ok...i'm in florida for the winter and all the cards are back in charlotte and i won't be back ubtil approx. May 1st..
    The other thing is you will hve to email me [email protected] ....because i have all kinds of problems going through this site.

Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

that sounds ok...i'm in florida for the winter and all the cards are back in charlotte and i won't be back ubtil approx. May 1st..
    The other thing is you will hve to email me [email protected] ....because i have all kinds of problems going through this site.

Ed

I think we both want to wrap this up before May. How about you keep the cards I sent you and you send me $140 & I send you the sox cards back?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

CURRENTLY I AM IN MY "SNOW BIRD" HOME IN FLORIDA...BEONG 79 YRS OLD AND WITH MEDICAL PROBLEMS I
    GO TO FLORIDA JAN TO END OF APRIL...THEN GO BAC TO MY CHARLOTTE HOME. I HAVE ALL THESE CARDS THERE
    AND I WILL GLADLY RETURN ALL OF THEM FOR ALL THE AUTOS I SENT YOU ( I ASSUME YOU THREW
    AWAY THE WILLIAMS CARD...I TRUST YOU BUT APPARENTLY YOU DON'T TRUST ME) AND A PORTION OF YOU MONEY
    SINCE YOU TOOK THE LIBERTY TO THROW AWAY WITH SOME LAME EXCUSE YOU DIDN'T WANT ME TO SENT IT
    TO ANOTHER COLLECTOR....I WOULD HAVE SIMPLY GIVEN TO ONE OF MY GRANDSON WITH THE UNDERSTANDING
    YOU TOLD ME YOU HAD IT AUTHENTICATED AND IT WAS FAKE. SO, I WILL BE BACK LATE APRIL OR EARLY MAY AND
    WILL GLAD SEND YOU BACK ALL THE CARDS Y9U SENT ME AND A CHECK FOR SOME OF THE MONEY YOU SENT ME.

I WILL. n o t. SIMPLY SEND YOU MONEY AND YOU KEEP EVERYTHING I SENT YOU (I SAY THAT DUE TO. YOU MAKING
    THE DECISION TO THROW THE WILLIAMS AWAY). IF THIS IS SATISFACTORY TO YOU, LMK.

I AM SIMPLY TIRED OF YOU IMPLICATION ..AS I HAVE NEVER CHEATED ANYONE IN THIS HOBBY...ON SPORTSCARDFUN
    I TRADED WITH MORE THAN SOME 340 DIFFERENT PEOPLE (AND A NUMBER OF THESE I MADE MORE THAT ONE TRADE
    WITH ON THAT SITE DURING MY 10 YEARS AND NOT EVEN ONE PERSON SAID THINGS YOU HAVE SAID ABOUT MY DEALINGS WITH YOU. YOU WILL HAVE TO EMAIL ME : [email protected] AND LMK IF THIS IS OK. I WILL. n o t REPLY ANYMORE
    ON THIS SITE AS IT THE ONLY SITE (OF 4 SITES I HAVE USED OVER THE YEARS) THAT THERE HAS BEEN A PROBLEM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See CatdaddysCards55's Items on eBay

If someone were interested in this Brett collection, are they going to have to wait until May to receive them? Since all of your cards are in Charlotte?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

edwardo47

If someone were interested in this Brett collection, are they going to have to wait until May to receive them? Since all of your cards are in Charlotte?

Sorry to say..yes. We are going back to Charlotte the last week in April as one of our 5 grandsons is involved
    in a school project. As a trade-off, I will ship free anywhere in the US and throw in any extra Brett cards I can find
    in my many boxes there. Maybe that will make the difference to you.
    What are you offering?

Ed

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See CatdaddysCards55's Items on eBay

Sorry to say..yes. We are going back to Charlotte the last week in April as one of our 5 grandsons is involved
    in a school project. As a trade-off, I will ship free anywhere in the US and throw in any extra Brett cards I can find
    in my many boxes there. Maybe that will make the difference to you.
    What are you offering?

Ed

Nothing. I'm not trying to wait 4 months to receive a purchase.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123