Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Colorado Avalanche Boston Bruins
    See avalanchebruins's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Hockey In the Game (ITG) the Vault cards question

Was going through my collection and have some ITG the Vault cards.

Was wondering for the collectors who have these cards how do you catalog them? I have noticed a few have been added to the current set on this site but also seen them added as the Vault insert sets? Just wanting some ideas on how to handle since I haven't seen a checklist. If anyone has a complete or partial checklist for these sets that would be great. When adding the cards to your PC do you just add the card and not worry about the V serial numbering?

Mark
    Back and open for trades and selling of cards in my collection. If you see something you like let me know.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

There is no checklist. I think most people treat these roughly the same as show stamped cards.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I add them to my collection for fun when I can.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Colorado Avalanche Boston Bruins
    See avalanchebruins's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

ok, thanks

just trying to figure out how to catalog them here or other locations

Some of the ones I own.

2006-07 Between The Pipes The Mask IV Gold (Silver Vault Stamp) Tomas Vocoun
    2012-13 ITG Heroes & Prospects auto Scott Niedermayer Black foil

2012-13 ITG Heroes & Prospects auto Roland McKeown Black foil

2002-03 BAP Signature Series Jan Hrdina black foil

2002 BAP Gold Signature Series Black foil Andreas Salomonsson

2003-04 Parkhurst Original Six Toronto - Memorabilia Mats Sundin Black foil

2012-13 In The Game Motown Madness - Teammates Jerseys Reed Larson/Greg Stefan Violet foil

2012-13 In The Game Forever Rivals - Game Used Jerseys Silver Mike Palmateer Green Foil

1999-00 Be a Player Memorabilia - Update Teammates Jerseys Mark Messier/Alexander Mogilny Red Foil

2011-12 In The Game Heroes & Prospects - Game Used Jerseys Black Brendan Ranford Blue Foil

2012 ITG Enforces Instigator I-44 Jeff Odgers Green vault foil 1 of 1

ITG Decaded 1990's Rivalries Montrea/Quebec silver foil 1 of 1 R-07

ITG Tough Customers Jeff Odgers/Andre RoyTC-17 green foil 1 of 1

ITG Hoisting the Cup Ray Bourque HTC-10 blue foil 1 of 1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bearlyjb's Items on eBay

Correction

First, I treat the Vault, Vault Ultimate and Vault Final as a unique collection, simply for the purposes of inventory. I tend to agree with the other member who suggests they are essentially a show stamped card. I too have never seen a Checklist; however, as I only collect Jean Beliveau I only watch for and track his cards or cards he is in. For Vault and Vault Final I have tracked ~150 cards. For Vault Ultimate I have tracked ~320 cards. I have many Vault!

On SCF and elsewhere I have heard alot of critic and appreciation for the Vault issue. I personally have found most of mine are in exceptional condition, and in some cases better than what I see come out of packs. I have also only seen some rare Gold Versions only in Vault and never in the mainstream.

I am always looking for more Beliveau Vault.

Hope this helps,

Bearlyjb
    Last edited by bearlyjb; 12-21-2018 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Typo

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I have a bunch.
    .. I'll still pick up one if it has a really nice patch. Nothing wrong with these cards at all, IMO, but yeah.... Treat them like show stamps, and the stamp makes them less valuable, not more.

For storing them, i just keep mine with my copy of the origional (or in place of it). Since there is no checklist.... I dont wory about cataloguing them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hard not to admire someone like 30randfordfan; however, I must humbly disagree with the notion of show stamped cards generally. If a card is show stamped as a #1/1 Gold or #1/1 Silver because it was given out at a show or through redemption, it makes that card highly unique and had a path of some significant additional effort than simply breaking wax ... thus I personally feel most show stamped cards are worth more than out of a pack. Now I would not necessarily extend this same expectation to all Vault Cards

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Hard not to admire someone like 30randfordfan; however, I must humbly disagree with the notion of show stamped cards generally. If a card is show stamped as a #1/1 Gold or #1/1 Silver because it was given out at a show or through redemption, it makes that card highly unique and had a path of some significant additional effort than simply breaking wax ... thus I personally feel most show stamped cards are worth more than out of a pack. Now I would not necessarily extend this same expectation to all Vault Cards

Thanks for the compliment :)

I reread what I wrote, and i should clarify. It depends on the print run.

I have always found cards with print runs under 20 to get a premium over the show stamped (or vault). Once you get higher than that.... Show stamps usually would go for more.

Thinking of the last few years ITG was running: A jersey card /80 would cost me more with a 1/1 stamp added. The gold version /20 ? I'd have to pay more for a pack pulled version.

I think what killed the value of vault cards was no checklist. Since player collectors didn't know what was out there - many threw their hands in the air and just didn't bother. It made for less compition, and prices stayed really low. Some real premium patches broke that rulw though.

Show stamped, while similar, wasnt quite the same thing. While checklists were never released... if you paid attention to what was out there, you could make a pretty good guess as to what was available for any particular player.

Now that we're a few years after all those releases.... I know I see Ranford Vault stuff go unsold for a couple of bucks (1.99 start bid type thing) quite often. I don't see much in the way of show stamps anymore.

I know a lot of people are really turned off by the Vault stuff - but not me. I wont chase all of it... but if i see something unique I can add to one of my collections, I'm happy to do it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great follow-up response, informative and optimistic ... just like holiday season should be!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

Lest we forget the previously uncirculated cards that are not stamped and are considered a part of the original release

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast